eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emailing All Ebayer With A Link Directly To Ebid???

Default Emailing All Ebayer With A Link Directly To Ebid???

I've just recently joined Ebid but I'm still running my Ebay auctions also, but I'm now including a link into all my email notifications that I send to my Ebay buyers directly to the Ebid site quoting the slogan "Free to Bid Free to List Free to Enjoy".
    My query is, as I'm sending the emails through Ebay themselves ie. 'payment received', dispatch notification' message templates will Ebay pick up on this at all? The last thing I'd want to do is loose access to my buyers on Ebay and possibly loose bringing them over to Ebid

Why not make a flyer or comp slip with your eBid url? I have no auctions left on eBay but while I made the transfer I included them in all of my parcels- I had a few customers come over as well!

I'm not sure If eBay can actually do anything about it, after all you aren't asking to complete the transaction off of the site!

The other thing you could do is add your eBid URL to your ME page, thats the only way to advertise another website without earning a PINK slap- I've had mine up for 2 months now and though I have no way of knowng how many people might have clicked through, I like to think I'm sticking it to greedBay... (devil-type face...LOL)

The Soap Dragon xxx

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been doing it for YEARS now on two ebay ids so I don't think they are going to pick it up.
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Oh brilliant! I'll carry on then including the Ebid link in all my messages to Ebay customers & I'll also have a look at putting a link on my 'About Me' page also. The more advertising we can do between ourselves the better

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View gottalot's Feedback (+6)
    All-About gottalot
    View gottalot's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have also been emailing all my past customers to let them know my new locations.

Hopefully this will attract more buyers.

Sean (Gottalot).

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not sure you will get away with the link on your about me page - ebay tend not to have much of a sense of humour about rivals!
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables

Quote Originally Posted by mfkirke View Post
    I'm not sure you will get away with the link on your about me page - ebay tend not to have much of a sense of humour about rivals!

Make that: Ebay tend not to have much of a sense of humour PERIOD!!!

View Hip Chick's Feedback (+407)
    All-About Hip Chick
    View Hip Chick's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello,

Once of my regulars has already logged on to eBid and bought something from me.

Her only concern was the winning buyer email that plugs PPPay.com, she was worried that she would have to pay an additional charge.

Solved the problem and sent her a paypal invoice as i never charge my buyers for paying with PayPal.

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

RESULT! if you can lure one over, we can all do it!
    Madelaine

Thread Information