Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: did you leave ebay to join ebid

Quote Originally Posted by mfkirke View Post
    Powersellers pay the same fees, you know, Paula (not that I am defending ebay..)..

However, we just have to keep telling our ebay customers about ebid and get those listings on!
    On the business selling board in the forums on ebay, there is a thread: Ebay shop fee changes - Death of a Powerseller.

It's worth reading. These fees effect everyone who lists in certain price brackets, or the profit margins are small. Some things I sell are now impossible on there because they have a recommended retail price, so it is difficult to put prices up and with the fees I would have ended up making a loss.

This all makes avid reading for me being an Ebay seller coming over to Ebid but when you way up the sellers fees that it costs on Ebay I find it's just getting ridiculous. I'm only a small seller anyway but when it's costing you anywhere between £100 / £200 a month in fees, on top of buying your items to sell & packaging it's alot of money to try and cover before even trying to make any profit!! And what really annoys me is the higher your items sells for the more money Ebay gets!!! You can't seem to win..... Grumble over now though :0)

Quote Originally Posted by satsumamoon View Post
    Boycott ebay! If theres anything you want to buy on ebay, email them and tell them that if they the item on ebid- you'll buy it!
    Then send them a sign up to ebid link (from your buddy point section of your ebid hq to get some buddy points.)
    Please add to this post to keep it bumped up !
    Selling is only half the answer!
    Its up to us to make ebid a success- EVERY SELLER needs to bid on things- at least a few items a week - and keep it up for a couple of months. Bidding is better than buying because it shows bidding activity. If you cant find anything to buy (thats getting more difficult now) look for xmas pressie stock, or get ebayers to list the goods you do want here (as above)

Some great ideas there, especially the bit about emailing sellers. I will definitely give it a go.

Default update on my boycotting ebay buying

Quote Originally Posted by just4gfgem View Post
    Some great ideas there, especially the bit about emailing sellers. I will definitely give it a go.
    Hi all, am looking for a number of tings on ebid, failing at mo.... have emailed sellers on ebay and have made a few private purchases....... am finding some sellers are quite happy to sell out of ebay AND ebid!!!!!!
    only protection I guess is PayPAl or PPPay. Some sellers are with ebid but not up too much............lets hope they soon realise how much they are being ripped off. NITE ALL, happy e-bidding! x

Forum Newbie
    Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View thefilmfreak's Feedback (+15081)
    All-About thefilmfreak
    View thefilmfreak's Listings
    Forum Posts

well after years on ebayer im finally leaving ebay iv started stocking my new ebid shop but its going to take awhile somewhere in the region of 700+ listings to go
    it does seem weird being a zero rated user again after the whole powerseller thing
    lets hope ebid can really start to fly
    freak

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Film freak - are you still listing on ebay? after all the new fees can be avoided for a while by listing just before the deadline. Add the information that you will be listing here to ALL your invoices and make the point that you will be listing with slightly lower prices (because you will, won't you? give your customers a bit of the money you save on each sale).
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StitchesAplenty View Post
    On the business selling board in the forums on ebay, there is a thread: Ebay shop fee changes - Death of a Powerseller.

It's worth reading. These fees effect everyone who lists in certain price brackets, or the profit margins are small. Some things I sell are now impossible on there because they have a recommended retail price, so it is difficult to put prices up and with the fees I would have ended up making a loss.
    I didn't say that it wasn't bad - just the implication was that powersellers were not affected and I'm one and I will be affected!
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables

I have closed my Ebay shop. looks a lot quieter over here, but judging by the number of other ebay shops that are closing it looks like it might get a bit busier. Mighty oaks, little acorns and all that.

Hi to other deserters from the dark side

Here is an interesting thing-

I calculated that in 500 or so items I sold on ebay over the last year, I paid over £1000 in fees. thats £2 per item in fees to the landlord. The more stock i had in the shop, the more fees I paid. the more I sold, the more I paid out on top.

in my bricks and mortar shop I sold 15,000 items last year, total property overheads all taken into account (not wages) thats under 70p per item in "fees" to the landlord. The more I sell, the less I pay in "fees" per item.

Paying for a Gold on eBid is more like the second example. I like it. Even if it is, for the moment, a secondary (but hopefully up and coming) off-high-street location

any tips from fellow ebid store owners?

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View gottalot's Feedback (+6)
    All-About gottalot
    View gottalot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi MountsAndFrames,

I have also left to join Ebid. I had signed up a little before the increases but that prompted me to leave and list everything (and more) on Ebid instead.

Good luck with your sales.

Regards,
    Sean (Gottalot)

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome

email ALL your old customers to tell them you are here.

List at the price you are happy to accept - most things here sell as BIN

I'm not actually leaving ebay but pushing my customers there to come here by making the prices a little lower.

Add a link to your ebid listings as your signature on here so we can all have a nosey.
    Madelaine

Thread Information