eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ****ed OFF

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was a newbie once with no feedback, I can still taste my first buy, Chocolate !! Thanks Mel

I am still only a Bronze buyer, I have asked for sales to be opened to me when they have been for silver & above bidders only. ( i also give a link to feedback from other sites I have bought from )

It is up to the seller, and their instincts when reading your feedback. I have never been refused, and have completed transactions with no problem.

If they had said no, I would have just moved on to another seller with a similar item. It's that easy.

Now when I check feedback (mine) I see that some of those sellers have a strikethrough their names. Swings and roundabouts.

Awww all very sweet, selling to ZERO peeps ... wait till you get almost 50 NPBs in 2 1/2 years and i bet you anything you would ALL be singing a very different tune.

Always easy to do the NICE thing when you have only had a few stings.

AND I AM NOT exadurating it was prob more than 50 if i go right back to the begining.

But ... that was prob more to do with the fact that people trolled and targeted me from the forums than anything else.

You live and learn.

Forum Newbie
    View KeepsakesGalore's Feedback (+6)
    All-About KeepsakesGalore
    View KeepsakesGalore's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Guess it was my fault

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller
    i thought a meesage board was so you can post your view!!
    well i posted on here last nite against a statment that a member made,about buying off of people with no feedback.
    saying basically dont buy off members with 0 feedback.

i replied that this was a very stupid statement as we all started with 0 at sometime.
    another member also replied with the same sort of answer.
    to witch both posts have been deleted.
    and ive search for the posts as well .

really ****es me off this
    I posted the responce after you grimkiller.
    And I totally agree with the opinion that the deleted post was rubbish.
    It refered to another post on being ripped off by a zero feedback member,
    I then commented on lack of replys to 7 emails and two pms I sent to support and gazza. three days ago.
    This refered to bids from a neighbour being cancelled and an insinuation I was shill bidding.(I had no idea she was bidding)
    I had 5 items on a dutch auction and no bidders. the only bidder I had was the neighbour. who I was told was the bidder by ebid.
    Ebid took the step of cancelling her bid and stopping me leaving feedback,
    I am seriously looking at legal action over this.
    Needless to say this has caused problems.
    This was the strength of the missing post.
    And no doubt this one will go along with it aswell.

View Apollo2003's Feedback (+54)
    All-About Apollo2003
    View Apollo2003's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller
    i thought a meesage board was so you can post your view!!
    well i posted on here last nite against a statment that a member made,about buying off of people with no feedback.
    saying basically dont buy off members with 0 feedback.

i replied that this was a very stupid statement as we all started with 0 at sometime.
    another member also replied with the same sort of answer.
    to witch both posts have been deleted.
    and ive search for the posts as well .

really ****es me off this

Interesting this lol

Hi Reeper

Don't buy or sell much on Ebid anymore, but I have been around auctions a good few years, so I will give you my views.

First thing that strikes me in an auction is the whether I am interested in an item, secondly the price and then if I am still interested I will have a look at the feedback of the seller, now when you see zero feedback it doesn't mean good or bad, just a little bit more cautious and have a look to see the persons join date, this gives a better idea if they should have some feedback or not, having said that I would probably deal with someone who has been registered for a long time with no feedback, as this simply denotes either they have nothing to sell or have seen nothing they want to buy. On the other hand if they joined in the last few days I would probably steer clear of the seller until they had a few feedbacks.

Now one thing which comes into it is a username ..... not very inspiring to see 'Seller - Grimreeper' kind of throws a few thoughts into the pot, For instance I used the user name 'i'm-going-to-rip-you-off' with no feedback and was selling a 42" Plasma TV would you bid ? .... not saying this was you lol, just trying to explain that a username can detract from a bid being placed.
    On the other hand say I used the username like ' Sound-and-Hi-Fi ' and I was selling the lastest Hi-Fi systems then there's a possibility I would get more chance of a sale, I could increase the chances by stating that I also trade on other well known auction sites .... making sure your user name matches both sites, this would put the doubts away if the details matched (e.g in Epay .... Sound-and-Hi-Fi location Telford, in Ebid ... Sound-and-Hi-Fi location Telford) if the location was Telford in one and London in the other then it stands to reason that I wouldn't expect to get any bids.

As others have said buy a few items, get some feeback and this will help you to look a more trustworthy seller, change your username to something a little more appealing it may help you to sell.

Having said all of the above, lots of people more over to Ebid because they are fed up with the fees a certain other site charges, They then get excited and the low fees or totally free, only to find few sales, and in turn frustration at not selling. People in Epay now try to get round paying commision by hiking the postage charges and selling the item at 99p. Never understood why all of a sudden everyone there was selling things that weigh less than a matchstick with P&P that cost the equivalent of a sending Boeing 747 - obvisious now that they sell the item at 99p pay less commission and the item is priced using the P&P ... I understand why they are doing it. Ebid is different as no commission is taken from the sale of the item but the P&P sometimes is still higher that it really should be.

Here look at the postage on this item

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auctio...7-0&mo=auction

£4.99 standard 1st class post

or this one which is even better ... same item

Royal Mail 1st Class Standard (£12.50)

Why people do this on Ebid makes me cringe .... why not start the auction at £13.50 with no reserve and free postage ... chance are that it would sell this way.

The way people list add P&P charges makes a big difference in how successful they are. Selling items that people want is another way to increase sales. Ebid in my opinion will never make it like Epay do, simply when Epay started everyone went mad paying stupid prices for items that were cheaper in your town centre, sellers could start at 99p and watch in amazement at the end price. Sadly Ebid caught the market to late, Sellers won't take the risk of selling with low start prices and most of the items in Ebid you can buy new in town or online cheaper, so why would I want to buy something that is more expensive, with no guarantee I will get it.

Sorry for the long post .... but I only pop in from time to time and reply to constructive posts on the KT ....

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auctio...4-0&mo=auction

its not me with 0 feedback.i was just ****ed off to my post being deleted along with KeepsakesGalore,as ive said in my first post.that another member said they would'nt buy off of a 0 feedback member.
    i said we all started with 0 so thats a stupid statement.
    and now both posts are gone

Thread Information