My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: User Name overstriked - Que?

Default User Name overstriked - Que?

I've recently had the same auction spoiled twice by the same idiot using the Buy Now feature. He did offer to pay by 'chequq' (sic) and the rest of his emails displayed a similar lack of understanding of grammar and spelling. I gave him his first neg as he seemed more interested in selling something to me rather than the other way round.
    Now he has a rating of -17 and his username is overstruck: Does this mean that he's been barred, or what?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by jeanlucpicard
    I've recently had the same auction spoiled twice by the same idiot using the Buy Now feature. He did offer to pay by 'chequq' (sic) and the rest of his emails displayed a similar lack of understanding of grammar and spelling. I gave him his first neg as he seemed more interested in selling something to me rather than the other way round.
    Now he has a rating of -17 and his username is overstruck: Does this mean that he's been barred, or what?

Hi yes his account has been suspended!

If you want to stop any future annoyances should he get his account reinstated - you could add him to your blackball list, this will bar him from bidding on your auctions!!!

I hope this helps?
    you can NEVER have too many pairs of shoes...

₪ ø lll ·o.

Happiness Is Like Strawberry Jam, You Can't Spread Even A Little Bit Of It, Without Getting Some On Yourself!

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep - the strikethrough means he's been thrown off eBid

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

-17 bluddy ell wots the matter with ebid, how did they allow him to get to -17

Yep a strike through normally means there struck off, I'm sure of it
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

I had intended to put him on my blackball list, but a massive system crash on my desktop machine caused me to forget (I'm on the new laptop at the mo).
    As for getting to -17; he managed it in just 2 days! 1 from me, and 16 from some other poor sod .... It would have been -18, but I can't leave him another as it's classed as the same auction for which I've already left F/B.
    Still, it's nice to know he's been chucked off .... until he re-registers with another set of details.
    Ps. He's registered as living in 43 Ave City, Florida, Londonderry !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanlucpicard
    I had intended to put him on my blackball list, but a massive system crash on my desktop machine caused me to forget (I'm on the new laptop at the mo).
    As for getting to -17; he managed it in just 2 days! 1 from me, and 16 from some other poor sod .... It would have been -18, but I can't leave him another as it's classed as the same auction for which I've already left F/B.
    Still, it's nice to know he's been chucked off .... until he re-registers with another set of details.
    Ps. He's registered as living in 43 Ave City, Florida, Londonderry !!!
    Hmmm strange....

₪ ø lll ·o.

Happiness Is Like Strawberry Jam, You Can't Spread Even A Little Bit Of It, Without Getting Some On Yourself!

Hi jeanlucpicard,

Click this link - it might shed some light on your mysterious buyers wierd address...

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....330#post343330

₪ ø lll ·o.

View cccgem's Feedback (+3)
    All-About cccgem
    View cccgem's Listings
    Forum Posts

JeanLuc...your name...or, are you a Trek fan?

Thread Information