Thread: Nigerian Buyer Scam

Forum Newbie
    View sendit's Feedback (+11)
    All-About sendit
    View sendit's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Nigerian Buyer Scam

Hello folks

Just a word of warning I recently sold a phone system to someone who according to the email from ebid after the auction lived in London.

I asked for payment by PPPay or Paypal for quickness, but they said they couldn't do that because of fraudulent activity on their card, so they would send payment through the post.

This went on since the 19/2 and today 27/2 got a letter from Nigeria from the buyer, in the letter he says to mail it to him, no payment enclosed and no mention of it. There was a letter to someone else from ebid enclosed which I opened and he did the same thing to them, they guy's user name is umeule2005

BEWARE!

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would report it to admin too.

Exclamation

I suspect there is another 'scam' relating to Nigeria on eBid. A 'buyer' whose user ID has been crossed through(suspended?)giving an address in New Jersey USA( With Orange misspelt as 'Ornage') made a last-minute bid for a SONY PSP I have been advertising for some time. When contacted they offered to pay by money order,(I have requested payment by PPPay or PayPal today & will see what happens!) and asked for the item to be sent to Nigeria, stating that they were from a company based there.(Can I mention names on the forum??). I have contacted eBid about this one.
    Last edited by chippy6249; 2nd March 2006 at 10:11 AM. Reason: To add information

Yes you can mentions name, this way other sellers are aware.

View hawkman's Feedback (+2)
    All-About hawkman
    View hawkman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation wants it shipped to Nigeria?

Hi

wants it shipped to Nigeria?

kattycole [-1]

kate cole
    huntington dr southapt 50
    los angeles
    califonia
    Carmarthenshire
    United Kingdom

She has made BuyNow purchases for 7 items from me and I have to say i wasn't happy that it ends up she wants it delivered to "her store" in Nigeria

However she clams she is going to send me a check (Bank of Island Cheque) once i send her the total due. I have had a couple of email communications with her at this point and am waiting on her to send me the actual shipping address so i can calculate cost.

She knows I am not going to ship until payment has been received and cleared and has agreed to this.

I figure if she sends a check and it clears and i have cash in hand then why not send send her the items it's not like she can turn around and cancel the credit card payment or anything like that.

I have had others request shipping to places like that with less certain payment methods and I never sold it to them.

Anybody know of anything else I should be aware of?

Don't bother with it ,,it's an idiot taking the mick..... how the heck she even got registered with an address like that i don't know.

Default Yet Another Nigerian Scam

A Christina Atkins used the 'Buy it Now' on my listing for 1gb sd cards, this was today (Friday 7th April) and this is what she sent me in a PM.

SORRY FOR GETTING BACK TO YOU LATE, AND THANKS FOR PLACING YOUR ITEM ON EBID.COM AND ALSO I AM VERY HAPPY TO WIN THIS ITEM FROM YOU. THIS TO INFORM YOU THAT I WILL WANT THE ITEM TO BE SHIPPED TO NIGERIA TO MY FIANCE AS FOR HER B-DAY GIFT. SO I WILL WANT YOU TO CALCULATE THE SHIPMENT PRICE THROUGH ROYAL MAIL RECORDED DELIVERY TO NIGERIA SO THAT I WILL MAKE THE PAYMENT TO YOU THROUGH PAYPAL ASAP. I HUGE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME ASAP SO THAT I WILL MAKE THE PAYMENT TO YOU ASAP AND ALSO I HUGE YOU TO BE HONEST AND FAITHFUL TO ME AS I AM TO YOU. I HOPE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU IN FUTURE...
    THANKS.

Needless to say I took no notice and reported it, but I have wasted about 45 minutes of my time, and e-bid now has to relist my items. Bl@@dy scammers!!

Quote Originally Posted by SandyKit
    A Christina Atkins used the 'Buy it Now' on my listing for 1gb sd cards, this was today (Friday 7th April) and this is what she sent me in a PM.

SORRY FOR GETTING BACK TO YOU LATE, AND THANKS FOR PLACING YOUR ITEM ON EBID.COM AND ALSO I AM VERY HAPPY TO WIN THIS ITEM FROM YOU. THIS TO INFORM YOU THAT I WILL WANT THE ITEM TO BE SHIPPED TO NIGERIA TO MY FIANCE AS FOR HER B-DAY GIFT. SO I WILL WANT YOU TO CALCULATE THE SHIPMENT PRICE THROUGH ROYAL MAIL RECORDED DELIVERY TO NIGERIA SO THAT I WILL MAKE THE PAYMENT TO YOU THROUGH PAYPAL ASAP. I HUGE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME ASAP SO THAT I WILL MAKE THE PAYMENT TO YOU ASAP AND ALSO I HUGE YOU TO BE HONEST AND FAITHFUL TO ME AS I AM TO YOU. I HOPE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU IN FUTURE...
    THANKS.

Needless to say I took no notice and reported it, but I have wasted about 45 minutes of my time, and e-bid now has to relist my items. Bl@@dy scammers!!
    Hi,

This name is coming up as user not found, is it her user name or her real name you've put here? thanks.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Thanks to all of you for the warnings, my blackball list is getting quite long.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Thread Information