Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Is ebid working?? No Bids No sales

Unhappy Is ebid working?? No Bids No sales

Hi
    Just woundering if anybody is having trouble with the lack of bids on items. I have been looking at lots of items on ebid but none of them have bids??? Is it just sellers here ??? Is ebid going to fall?

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

it's working fine for me? I've been able to buy on EBID this evening, and have made sales.

Hi,
    I have been on ebid for about 2 weeks made one small sale but not been paid so far. Can some one tell me how I make a request for payment the only way I can see is by sending an email which has to be typed out long hand. Are there no preset request forms for payment reminder letters etc.

Thanks Ron

sorry you mis-understood me, Alot of items have no bids is this due to the lack of people on the site. like if the same items were on ebay, there would be bids on them. Are people not interested in ebid.

Quote Originally Posted by home2b
    Hi,
    I have been on ebid for about 2 weeks made one small sale but not been paid so far. Can some one tell me how I make a request for payment the only way I can see is by sending an email which has to be typed out long hand. Are there no preset request forms for payment reminder letters etc.

Thanks Ron
    Hi Ron,
    I have a signature set up with my email server, i wonder if your server has that option.

I click on the message i want & then just put in the correct price.

This is the signature i have set up.....
    Hi,
    Many thanks for your winning bid, i look forward to doing business with you.

Total price for your item including p&p is £
    If there is anything else in my other auctions that interests you, why not save money on p&p by having them sent at the same time.

Cheques/postal orders accepted.

Followed by my name & address etc.

Don't know if that helps at all, failing that i think there will be the request forms you mentioned in the new version which starts on Friday.

Regards, Ann.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View seaemelle's Feedback (+914)
    All-About seaemelle
    View seaemelle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Are there no preset request forms for payment reminder letters etc.
    Not at the moment. Most sellers have a standard email prepared and copy/paste or insert the relevant details.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcdglobal
    sorry you mis-understood me, Alot of items have no bids is this due to the lack of people on the site. like if the same items were on ebay, there would be bids on them. Are people not interested in ebid.
    This is a much smaller site than eBay in terms of user base and site management. It has only relatively recently gone international and has very little advertising beyond word of mouth. It may be more a case of "unaware of" rather than "not interested in" eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by Anichka54
    Hi Ron,
    I have a signature set up with my email server, i wonder if your server has that option.

I click on the message i want & then just put in the correct price.

This is the signature i have set up.....
    Hi,
    Many thanks for your winning bid, i look forward to doing business with you.

Total price for your item including p&p is £
    If there is anything else in my other auctions that interests you, why not save money on p&p by having them sent at the same time.

Cheques/postal orders accepted.

Followed by my name & address etc.

Don't know if that helps at all, failing that i think there will be the request forms you mentioned in the new version which starts on Friday.

Regards, Ann.
    Thank you very much Ann.

Regards ron

Thank you very much Ann.

Regards ron
    Hi Ron, you're very welcome, hope it helped.
    Regards, Ann.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

In my experience there is a buying audience on EBID. However it probably depends on what people are selling and what they have done to attract sales. There is a much higher proportion of 'buy it now' sales here- because sellers do not have to pay extra to include this feature.

Default maggiethecat

Hi Global,

I have a piece of Swarovski crystal up for auction here and to draw people's attention to it - as I know eBid isn't very well known - I found a Swarovski collectors' site and posted a message on the board there directing them to eBid. OK, it hasn't actually worked yet (I haven't sold the piece), but the more people who know about eBid, the better, right? You could do something similar to attract attention to your auctions, depending on what it is you're selling.

Best of luck to you,

Nicola.

Thread Information