Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Noah's Ark been found ?

Thumbs up

Wonder if that was how St Swithins day was formulated.I notice that Lent too comprises of another forty days and nights.Was forty a biblical marker??Oh morning Christine........

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swopmebob
    Is this it please.......Paula....
    erm....

paula?

sheila, i remember seeing a prog on tv a few years ago about researchers thinking they may have found the ark in turkey.

in that they couldnt get permission to investigate it from the turkish government or something like that?

if it was that prog you saw, then i dont think this is the same, as that one wasnt in glaciar ice

Quote Originally Posted by Paulwillhappy
    http://www.space.com/news/060309_ark_update.html

An interesting link that maybe could prove that the Ark did exist.

If it did, it would have been bigger than The Titanic & The Bismark!
    It was a bit bigger than my rubber dinghy then

The ark was a rectangular chestlike vessel presumably having square corners and a flat bottom. It needed no rounded bottom or sharp bow to cut rapidly through the water; it required no steering; its only functions were to be watertight and to stay afloat. A vessel so shaped is very stable, cannot be easily capsized, and contains about one third more storage space than ships of conventional design. There was a door provided in the side of the ark for loading and unloading the cargo.

In size the ark was 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. Conservatively calculating the cubit as 44.5cm (17.5 inches) (some think the ancient cubit was nearer 56 or 61 cms.), the ark measured 133.5m by 22.3m by 13.4m (437ft 6in. x 72ft 11in. x 43ft 9in.), less than half the length of the ocean liner Queen Elizabeth 2. This proportion of length to width (6 to 1) is used by modern navel architects. This gives the ark approximately 40,000 cubic metres (1,4000,000 cubic ft) in gross volume. It is estimated that such a vessel would have a displacement nearly equal to that of the mighty 269-m (883ft) Titanic of the 20th century. No cargo vessel of ancient times even slightly resembled the ark in its colossal size. Internally strengthened by adding two floors, the three decks thus provided gave a total of about 8,900 sq. m (96,000 sq. ft) of space.
    It also took 40 years to build as there were no Black & Decker in those days

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Am I the only person who can see nothing in these pictures which even remotely resembles a boat of any kind? All I see is rock or ice formations.
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

Ah, but you are not a "believer". If you were you could convince yourself you'd even seen Elvis standing at the bow end.

Market Drayton, Shropshire, United Kingdom
    View Paulwillhappy's Feedback (+28)
    All-About Paulwillhappy
    View Paulwillhappy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

I think i can see him and he seem'sto be singing Oliver's Army !
    Never take your loo for granted Camping sucks.......

Are the pictures all of the same area or is it all paid for by the pope to get some more belief in stuff that cant be proved??? lets reopen the x-files.

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele
    Ah, but you are not a "believer". If you were you could convince yourself you'd even seen Elvis standing at the bow end.
    On the contrary, I do believe that the biblical flood happened and that a tribe of people were given the means to survive. I do not believe that a boat in the traditional sense was involved. The word "ark" has been used as a result either of mis-interpretation or deliberate obscuration of the true story.
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

The story of the Great Flood appears in many countries. The American Indians, Asian Indians, Egyptians, and many others "knew" about it. An interesting programme on TV a few years back [National Geographic Channel] showed evidence on the Sphinx, that at some time after the Sphinx was built the area which is now desert, was flooded.

On a similar note:

The Sahara Forest

A large, well established, Canadian lumber camp advertised that they were looking for a good Lumberjack. The very next day, a skinny little man showed up at the camp with his axe, and knocked on the head lumberjacks' door.

The head lumberjack took one look at the little man and told him to leave. "Just give me a chance to show you what I can do," said the skinny man. "Okay, see that giant redwood over there?" said the lumberjack. "Take your axe and go cut it down." The skinny man headed for the tree, and in five minutes he was back knocking on the lumberjack's door.

"I cut the tree down," said the man. The lumberjack couldn't believe his eyes and said, "Where did you get the skill to chop down trees like that?" "In the Sahara Forest," replied the puny man. "You mean the Sahara Desert," said the lumberjack. The little man laughed and answered back...

"Oh sure, that's what they call it now!"

Thread Information