Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Do you ask questions only not to get a reply?

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Do you ask questions only not to get a reply?

Ok, so, I see this blouse and thought, wow, this would look great with one of my dressy hats... I can take in at the waist whatever...... I asked the size of the sleeves as I'm interested in buying it but get no response.

Well, I won't bother with it now, but have anyone else experienced it and if so, how did you deal with it?

--- ok, I have nothing better to do this evenin

TAKE A LOOK AT THE LINK BELOW:

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/auction...4-0&mo=auction

Im afraid im a bit IGNORANT myself some times sofia ( terrible i know ) but its true... Though i do TRY to answer Qs peeps send me, problem is i can go for ages without reading my emails and then think i have replied to someone when i have not.

MAYBE they have various emails and have not seen your Q yet.

At the end of the day. If they miss out on a customer, its their tough luck i guess.

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

yeah, you could be right about the non answering emails and stuff. too true about losing out on a customer, such is life.

I have a more serious problem with a seller not responding to any of the emails and it was sent to ebid support so I will wait to hear from them about it. I bought something end of Feb, check cleared my bank ages ago and I have't received my item yet not nice... i will wait on support

Default Frustrating , I know

When this happens to me I usually will nto bid as it is taking a chance the item is not suitable or not as expected. I just get frustrated and move on usually.

But if a seller is not answering questions it means they MAY be hiding something or cannot be bothered to help out potential buyers. And do you really want to be dealing with someone like that ?
    ENJOY @¬( ' v ' )¬@

Oh FFS.
    It's been 17 days & still the seller hasn't replied.

Although this isn't ebid's fault, it's sellers like this that give ebid a bad name because the idiot buyers always blame ebid (despite all the scammers, swindlers, con merchants etc being predomiantly an ebay phenomenon).
    Nowt here so don't bother looking

SEARCHING for ET

View thisnthatz's Feedback (+31)
    All-About thisnthatz
    View thisnthatz's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think sometimes the questions can go amiss. I had a question on one of my items and it was 6 days before I answered. The reason was my e-mail opened on the message and then indicated it as being read, so I did not read it. It was only because I was going to delete it and did not recognise it that I opened it and, lo and behold, it was a question.

The important thing is I was really apologetic for not answering sooner, but I still answered because, whilst I may have lost a sale at that point the same customer may come back because of my apology.

You have to take all opportunities and not be scared to respond, even if you are late. That is called customer service.

regards
    Saleman

And I must proof read my messages before submitting. then I would not have to edit them. Bad boy, take 100 lines
    Last edited by saleman; 20th March 2006 at 03:54 PM.

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Thanks guys

Thread Information