• I am male. I hate going.

2 8.33%
  • I am female. I don't mind going.

5 20.83%
  • I am female. I hate going.

12 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to the doctor

I hate going to the doctor just because appointments of any kind are hard to keep when you are disabled.
    Cadeaux_de_la_Terre
    Click here for my auctions

I hate it. It is impossible to get an appointment, having to ring day after day trying to get any free appointments, usually missing out altogether for weeks on end. And at the moment, I am never out of there. I had my youngest in there on Friday with an ongoing foot injury (which she didn't help by jumping off the top bunk at her cousins house). On Wednesday I had my eldest in for blood test results, she is having gynae probs, so she is now on medication. She wanted a lady doc, so we had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment, 2 weeks for the blood test results to come back from the hospital, then try and book another appointment with a lady doctor which was another three weeks wait.

I have to go and have regular blood tests because of one type of anaemia, and I have to go every three months for my B12 injection (the serum hurts like hell, but is way preferable to the alternative of not having the injection), so I am booked in on Wednesday for my B12. So three visits in a week, argh.

But I have two kids, so even if it is something really personal, I have had so many docs and student docs examining me that I don't mind if I have a male or female doc, just as long as I can get an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele
    Do you have a problem with going to the doctor?
    yiss cos the number tewnnty bus dunt go near their

It has recently been easier to make appointments with my doctor, as the surgery has changed the policy on making appointments.
    They didn't allow you to make appointments more than 24 hours in advance because of the targets set by the government.
    So many people complained they changed it.
    If you want to be seen the same day, you have to ring up between 8:30 and 8:31 and say it's urgent. (slight exageration there, maybe it's 8:32).

lol, yep, sounds like my GP's surgery too. 8.27am, surgery is closed message on answer machine. 8.28am, surgery is closed. 8.29am, surgery is closed. 8.30am, surgery is closed. 8.31am, hurray, I've got through. "Got any appointments?" "No, sorry, they've all gone. Try again at 12noon". I think they just hope the most ill will kick the bucket while waiting.

Thread Information