eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: view item price AND postage please

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile view item price AND postage please

When browsing listings could we see both the item price AND the postage please. I like to see the total cost of an item before making a decision to bid- and at the moment I'm spending a lot of time opening up listings to find the postage.

Thank you

View thisnthatz's Feedback (+31)
    All-About thisnthatz
    View thisnthatz's Listings
    Forum Posts

But surely that is a way of getting people to open the auctions?? especially if they don't have a picture. Even on business websites the majority do not display the P&P until you place your first order or when you go to checkout.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry I disagree. This is an auction site not a business website where P & P charges are usually standard anyway. The obvious site to compare with is feepay - and there browsers can see both the item cost and the postage cost at a glance. There is no benefit to having buyers fully open items only to find overcharged postage- they will probably open the first one or two- be disappointed, them go somewhere else to shop.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx
    Sorry I disagree. This is an auction site not a business website where P & P charges are usually standard anyway. The obvious site to compare with is feepay - and there browsers can see both the item cost and the postage cost at a glance. There is no benefit to having buyers fully open items only to find overcharged postage- they will probably open the first one or two- be disappointed, them go somewhere else to shop.
    I completely agree, and hopefully this will be added to the new version of eBid.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

It wasn't in our plans but I'll see if we can squeeze it in...

G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like to see P&P in the listings but NOT lumped in with the start price. List them but separately, so that people can see both the start price AND the P&P rather than a lump sum.

I agree with Rainbow but with a slightly different perspective

I'd like to see an icon or similar that shows the TYPE of postage as well as the price

E.g. - Even I can list postage & packaging as 65p for somethings - but I insist on International Registered Delivery being included because everything is shipped from Thailand, usually through a staging point in the Middle East (thankfully not through Saddam's hidey hole anymore) and then have the trauma of negotiating Royal Snail, so the chances of "lost" parcels are just too high without the registered delivery tracking.

However, that then bumps the postage to well over a quid, which can look uncompetitive if there's nothing to nudge the Buyer that International registered is included - and as a poll on here shows, people want all the postage costs shown as one price, not hidden behind a low front end with lots of add-ons.....

e.g. I could make the first postage charge as being domestic to me here in Thailand - and that would mean a 5Kg packet carrying postage well under a quid - do you really want to compete with that?
    My belief is that it's unfair to use such trickery, just as it's unfair to make browsers and buyers compare (for example) Silk City's UK to UK Non-registered P&P with my International Registered P&P unless the service used is clearly & unmistakably stated.

CONCLUSION
    If P&P is going to be shown in the browse lists, it must also state the exact service used, in order to give a fair comparison, otherwise it's misleading the potential buyers.

Gaz

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, Gaz, that could be solved by also showing where the item is coming from - as they do on eBay. If someone sees "Thailand" under the P&P (down the listings pages), then they'd understand why your P&P was higher...

Thread Information