eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Own websites ?

Quote Originally Posted by Allabout4x4
    Hi,

Thanks for all your help. I'm looking into it as we speak !

Initially though, I only want to design one page to get started.

Would this be possible as I know what I would like to appear on the page, just not sure how to do it !

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to get in touch with me.

Cheers,

Jim
    Try downloading a few of the hundreds of free website templates you can find accross the www. Then just open a page from one of them up in an html editor like PageBreeze:
    http://www.formbreeze.com/freehtmleditor/
    All you need to do then is add your content, as the design has been done for you. If you need a pointer to some free templates, let me know.
    Come and try your luck in our gaming forums:
    http://www.arh-auction.co.uk/forums/

Market Drayton, Shropshire, United Kingdom
    View Paulwillhappy's Feedback (+28)
    All-About Paulwillhappy
    View Paulwillhappy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

Go get yourself a Shop its Great !
    Never take your loo for granted Camping sucks.......

Thumbs up Thanks !

Hi,

Sorry I didn't get back sooner !

Just thought I'd say another thanks for all the help I was given about having your own website.

I have been working hard since posting to put one together - I've still a lot to do.

Its not difficult and it aint easy but I'm getting there.

Just glad of all the advice !

Cheers again,

Jim

Erm, if I can do it, ANYONE can do it.

www.funkyfudgefactory.co.uk (mine)
    www.cocoa-tree.co.uk (made for a friend)
    www.craftbin.co.uk (mine)
    www.thereservationboutique.co.uk (made for a friend)

Firstly i go to www.lcn.com and buy me a co.uk name for 2 years for £8 (same as Elaine mentioned earlier)

Then I go to www.btshosting.co.uk and buy me some space for £30 a year from Nathan at BTS - I KNOW there are cheaper out there, I have been there and spent 8 months out of 12 over the past 2 years MOANING that my website was down and APOLOGISING that emails were lost in cyberspace somewhere....so Nathan is worth every damned penny. He takes this very seriously and more to the point PERSONALLY. If he is making improvements he lets me know and gives plenty of warning. If there is a problem he texts to let me know. When I changed the name of one of my websites (twice) it was no bother, he just swapped the names over for the same webspace. Diamond geezer

Then, if I haven't got time (and more to the point the creativity, unlike Elaine!) I cheat and go to www.thenetter.com and purchase a website template for a mere 2 or 3 quid and tinker about with it in MS Frontpage. *whistles and pokes toe in the ground* i WISH i could do the things Elaine does... and also her brother Ed !

Shopping basket from Paypal is ridiculously easy to use too....it creates the code for you and you just copy and paste

And hey presto !! You are a smart arts
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Tomb Raider Fans - Built by me for my daughter who has now totally lost interest in updating it...are all mothers a soft touch???
    Come and try your luck in our gaming forums:
    http://www.arh-auction.co.uk/forums/

FunkyFF, did you draw your little character?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rolfharrisunderpants
    FunkyFF, did you draw your little character?
    If you mean him ?

was done by one of my brothers ED.
    Along with :
    If you mean the cutie little angel baby thing
    http://wrestler.ebid.co.uk/image.php...ine=1137249568then i cant answer that one. lol
    Last edited by fairywishes; 22nd January 2006 at 04:59 PM.

been fiddling and now customising my shop/website by zen-cart and its coming alone very nicely

im on 1and1 hosting business plan - 8.99/month with 2 domains included ect ect - well it lets me do what i need anyway with a ssl cert @ 3.99/m - not a bad deal at all.

anyway leads me onto my next post.............

I've just started building websites www.official-sony-ps3.co.uk i'm not very good at the moment but am getting there, i use microsoft frontpage which was hard to use to begin with but i am getting used to it now.
    Hopefully by the time i finish the site i am doing now i will be a little better on the next one
    George M Laws

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/EYE-C-U

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on !"

Thread Information