My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulldog Broadband

We are with Wanadoo, and haven't had any problems so far. Can't remember, though, having to contact them so can't comment on their customer service.
    For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

Angry

I'm with Telewest/Blueyonder. Loads of down time, happens at least a couple of times a week for a few hours that there is no broadband, or the email or webmail is down. You ring them up and they tell you there is nothing wrong with the service, that the problem is with your PC, even through Tracert and Visual Route is telling you differently, packets going missing all over the place. Their customer services is a joke. Hard to get away from them though, because most other services demand a BT phone line, and I don't have one, I have Blueyonder/Telewest for digital cable TV, phone and broadband.

Tried to get on with some college work over the weekend on the PC, get some research done, no chance because everything was down.

the only time I get any downtime with Telewest Broadband is when I dont pay my bill on time apart from that not a problem...I'm pleased to say
    Tart with a Heart

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

In my area Tiscali Broadband was down 6 hours ( maybe more as I went to bed in disgust) a couple of days ago.

Since then my packet loss has been at 18%

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razamakaz
    We are with Wanadoo, and haven't had any problems so far. Can't remember, though, having to contact them so can't comment on their customer service.

Ditto...the customer service is OK (not had to contact them often - once? twice?), but my bugbear is that the CS is outsourced in India and I can't understand what the reps are saying

I'm happy to report that my Virgin.net broadband account has been fantastic over the past 18 months. Only one period of downtime that I can remember (and that was only for a couple of hours), a speed increase from 512K to 2Mb and no increase in fees. Still with BT for the phone line for the moment until full unbundling hits the Costa Del Tip'on.

I have a friend with Tiscali, she was offline for most of Friday. I have a Tiscali email address, couldn't access that or webmail.

As for Telewest, maybe it's just the Yorkshire area that is bad. We have been on and off for most of the weekend.

well, going to irritate people again lol I've had aol for 5 years, never, ever had any downtime except caused by BT works, customer support was free (not now) and always available and once you go through the standard "its your pc not our system" they are good at resolving any issues. Not planning on changing anytime soon either, couldnt get a better service if i tried.

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Check your Lines here, ( if you want to) LOL may explain why you have had problems.

BT call this a ‘RAG’ report, and its purpose is to give a rough indication which telephone exchanges are suffering contention issues which might affect you.

Other than that it's your ISP that's at fault. !!! Ooops ( wash your mouth out gal)

http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/exchangeChecker
    Last edited by thehoneyant; 8th November 2005 at 03:00 PM.

I was with AOL dial-up for 3 years. In the last year I used it, I had my dial up numbers reduced from 4 to 2. One of those was "number unobtainable". The other one cut me off even though I was paying for 24/7, and it often took half an hour to get back on line. I read the message boards re:- problems people were having with down-time, being cut off at midnight, Modem going back to "training mode" whatever that is, and thought no chance.
    I tried to sign up with another BB ISP, to find AOL had flagged my line which prevented me from signing up with anyone else. It took 3 weeks for them to free up my phone line. I switched to Tesco dial up in the meantime, and uninstalled AOL. I had to run RegScrub XP to remove 178 bits of files the AOL uninstall had left behind.
    Then I got Tesco BB. No down-time since i've had it. It connected first time following the simple instructions, and only cost £9.99 a month for the first 3 months. Next door signed up for AOL BB. Even the BT engineer couldn't make it work. AOL have tried to charge him for the BB which isn't working, and won't remove the flagging from his phone line until the bill is paid. The next house down has had more down-time that on-line. AOL again.

Thread Information