My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: email address

Default email address

Not sure if this is endemic of Ebid or not, starting to put my listings on but the email address that I place in the listings gets zapped, well that is all but the '.uk' end of the address and not the <a mail: part. Thus my listing of <a href="mailto:sales@sew-n-print.co.uk">sales@sew-n-print.co.uk</a> gets turned into <a href="mailto: .uk"> .uk</a>, it stays in my default listing correct only changing when I list, going back to update the listing also does not work. I really need to include the email address as I sell personalised item's it is important that customers are able to send pictures and names/messages to be added to the items. Even tried it without the code yet still it gets zapped. Anyone any ideas, or as I say is this a general problem of Ebid not allowing email addresses in the listings. Interestingly it has not removed my link to our picture gallery, just the email address.
    Last edited by PlanningSanity; 26th October 2005 at 03:28 AM.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think EBID wants it that way!. I wish they didn't. How can someone 'buy it now' when they don't know where to send the payment!

I've been getting around this problem by including banners in my auction html which have my email addys on.

example here

a long running dispute here and one of the reasons I finally pulled all my auctions.

Some people seem to be able to include email links with no trouble, others get removed, I've yet to work out why tho. Will keep an eye on how things pan out and maybe put some items back up at a future date.

Thread Information