eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This could be what we've all been waiting for!!!

You can see ebays plans on here -

www.digg.com

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BunjeesPiggiesPoochins
    What do you mean what planet am I on Kazzi?

I hate paypal. I preferred fastpay til that went, and nochex, my fave online 1 is bank transfer as there are no fees

But now ebay are going to say we can only use paypal. So they get more money from the fees & if some buyers dont want to use paypal, it means less sales, so its a bit stupid

That's only in the US. Doesn't affect UK.

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

I wouldn't like to see eBay go down, and I doubt it would because of tabloid TV or forcing people to accept PayPal only.

When they hiked the VAT on, everyone screamed and declared they were leaving. eBay's user base is now bigger than ever.

If eBay went, it wouldn't bode well for eBid, as people would then generally mistrust auction sites: "if eBay can't stay afloat, what chance would eBid have?"

You have a point rainbow. I didnt think of that

Why on earth would we *all* be waiting for that?

If your ferrarri broke down, sure it'd be nice if some old timer on a donkey gave you a lift into town but whilst travel at a snails pace for the price of a few carrots might suit you some of us are more than happy to tank up on preminum unleaded and hit the freeways. The cost of the gas hurts but hell, the only people who bitch gas prices usually drive bangers.

Ebay has changed the lifes of loads of folk, if you arent one of them thats your choice but please dont wish your those entreprenurs an early demise.

If this place was the only other option many of us would be back in the bus queue, make no mistake about that....
    If the cap doesn't fit, why choose to wear it?

I agree with BPP about Paypal - after a recent run in with them, I wouldn't p*ss on them if they were on fire, thieving sods.

Rightcharlie, I was just saying that it might be good for ebid, get in there whilst ebay has some bad press! Surely you all want ebid to succeed and be better than ebay, with no fees etc???

Quote Originally Posted by BunjeesPiggiesPoochins
    Rightcharlie, I was just saying that it might be good for ebid, get in there whilst ebay has some bad press! Surely you all want ebid to succeed and be better than ebay, with no fees etc???
    The chances of ebid ever being better that ebay are NIL, it wont happen, ever.

until the guys that run this place get their heads round the old maxim that you put nothing in, you get nothing out and start to seek funding to finance some print and advertising spend it'll remain, as its always been, an embarrassingly poor distant relative.

I wish them luck, course i do, but really, they need to get real, even now, if their goal is to just eventually sell out (which would be the sensible move) the sticker price will be a mere fraction of its potential....(i'd buy it if it weren't for you lot!)
    If the cap doesn't fit, why choose to wear it?

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rightcharlie
    (i'd buy it if it weren't for you lot!)
    PMSL! Awww, ya love us really

We had a genuine e*ay shop in St Albans Road Watford.Lasted maybe 12 months or so.But seemed a busy place at times.But after watching Trever McDonald last night,Didnt realise the said auction conglomerates operated out of domesticated premises IE luxury flats in the Kingston area of the UK.And though it did seem their logical answers left a lot to be desired.Yes if it was the only method of payment...their own...would be deemed a closed shop.I hadnt realised there was talk of them folding.Spose one good thing about a forum,there are things that can be learned....

Thread Information