My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Bluddy Bank Charges!

Default Bluddy Bank Charges!

My Bank (Nationwide) has bounced a 99p direct debit, and charged me £30 for the pleasure of doing it! They have also added £20 "unauthorised overdraft fee" for it going over because of their charge!

That's £50 to bounce a 99p direct debit, one I didn't really even want and would have cancelled had I realised!
    For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

Gone are the days where a helpful, friendly chap would phone up and ask if you knew you were overdrawn and would you mind popping in and sorting it.

Now they are just out to make money at your expense every chance they can get. This friendly image they give is pure BS. They're a business, like any other.

So true.

The latest Nationwide adverts grate on me - we have had no service from them at all, they won't even let us upgrade our account despite salaries etc. going in regularly!

At the first opportunity, I'm moving banks!
    For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

Bolton, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View hobsdv's Feedback (+24)
    All-About hobsdv
    View hobsdv's Listings
    Forum Posts

bloody typical banks alwaus ripping customers off
    Come visit my new dropshipping site free to join start earning today with no outlay
    www.hobsonschoice.weblodge.net

Come visit my new forum

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's not fair wot companies can get away with - with your money

Just had 59.99 taken out of my bank cos I forgot to unsubscribe to summit that I don't use(let it run cos I had paid for the year) , so I unsubscribed the day I realised they took the money out of my bank (which was 2 days later), and have been trying to ever since to get them to refund my money, They won't they said they don't have to refund because I forgot to unsubscribe.
    Mmmmmmmm Paid in advance so now I've got to have the service for another year,

So if anyone is out there that has subscribed to anything on the net and they do not want it to continue make sure you unsubscribe
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

.... or just cancel the direct debit. A cancelled direct debit is fine - it's when it's an unpaid/bounced one (at least in my case) that the bank charges are is charged!

I am livid - all for the sake of a 99p DD which I didn't even want any more, just forgot about it as it was such a small amount it must have been slipping through without me noticing up until now.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razamakaz
    .... or just cancel the direct debit. A cancelled direct debit is fine - it's when it's an unpaid/bounced one (at least in my case) that the bank charges are is charged!

I am livid - all for the sake of a 99p DD which I didn't even want any more, just forgot about it as it was such a small amount it must have been slipping through without me noticing up until now.
    Have you phoned the bank up and complained, I was charged once because I had a direct debit due out the same day as I put the money in, trouble is most transactions (at my bank as I asked) like DD are done between12.01-6.00 am so the money was not in my bank, put it in the bank at 9.00am ish, got charged but they did give it back to me after I kicked up a stink.

If you subscribe on line and pay by card then the subscription is taken out as a card payment not a DD every year, I did not get any reminder that subscriptions were due otherwise that would have prompted me to unsubscribe
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Had similar problem with Lloyds.

If I went 1p overdrawn at the last second of the last day of the month (or so it always seemed), they'd send me a letter about it telling me I'd be charged for going overdrawn PLUS a charge for the letter PLUS charges fore EVERY transaction I'd made during that month (every cheque, DD, SO, withdrawal etc).
    Then I got a mailshot from First Direct offering £25 to join their online bank.
    I was off like a shot.
    Let my Lloyds account dwindle to minimum - enough to keep it open.
    Contacted Lloyds and asked for a statement to be sent EVERY WEEK.
    Wrote them a snotty letter asking for them to stop sending mailshots etc in with the statements.

Statements are automated. Each week their 'puter churns them out, tears, folds and puts in an envelope along with whatever the blurb of the week is then seals the envelope ready for posting.
    By asking to have the blurb removed, a member of staff has to search for my letter, open it, remove the blurb and put my statement into a fresh envelope

If Lloyds had been fair with me, I wouldn't be going through this expensive process with them.
    Nowt here so don't bother looking

SEARCHING for ET

Unhappy nat west

had had same sort of problem a while ago with nat west . i had phoned them and cancelled all my standing orders and direct debits. they understood that bit,then the other day i got charged £38 for not having the funds in my bank to pay £6.00.Sounds daft but as i am on income support i need the money i get to live on each week. I rang the bank and gave them an earache.IT got refunded to my bank but its not the first time they have done it. i wasnt a happy bunny

Thread Information