Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help Shelterbox help the Americans

Lightbulb Help Shelterbox help the Americans

UK aid heading to Katrina victims

The Cornish charity Shelterbox is sending hundreds of boxes of aid to the Gulf coast of the US to help those left devastated by Hurricane Katrina.

Vital water purification equipment is among the supplies and there is likely to be demand for thousands more boxes over coming days.

Volunteers have been helping the Helston-based charity pack boxes to send to the US.

Each box contains a tent, sleeping bags and water purification tablets.

Containers, cooking sets, torch, rope and basic survival items are also included.

MORE
    Each box is designed to help 20 people for up to 6 months.

Shelterbox need your donations which can start from as little as £1.00.

Donate to Shelterbox via their site

Or not, as you choose.

I've got to say though, looking at those pictures reminds me very much of the Tsunami images and the UK people were incredibly generous after that one.

Shelterbox are predicting that they need to send over 2,000 boxes in the immediate furure but their work cannot continue without the generous donations of the public.

The Tsuanmi happened in one of the poorest countries.... the Hurricane happened in one of the richest.
    Of course those poor people need help, and I will be glad to, but the US government have already refused help from the Foreign Office in the UK. They obviously feel it's not our place to help, and part of me agrees with that.

I'll have to try to donate again later. I tried just now and got an error message

"Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: '[string: ""]'

/basket.asp, line 344"

So I'll try again tonight.

Wasn't a lot anyway cos the taxman has just billed me for 996 quid because of a mistake they made.

Bush has stuffed up bigtime with help for the people in the affected area's, just as well he can't run for office again because I doubt he'd have any chance of getting back in.

Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kim69
    The Tsuanmi happened in one of the poorest countries.... the Hurricane happened in one of the richest.
    Of course those poor people need help, and I will be glad to, but the US government have already refused help from the Foreign Office in the UK. They obviously feel it's not our place to help, and part of me agrees with that.
    They have also refused aid from Canada....I was reading the e*ay forums last night, and the US members are generally upset about the way their government is(NOT) handling this.

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice expressed the United States’ “heartfelt” gratitude for the offers of aid that have poured in from around the world following Hurricane Katrina.

“We’ve turned down no offers,” Rice said in a news conference, when asked about rumors that Washington had refused help from Russia and France.
    This is from todays reports of yesterdays news conference.

It is unclear where all these rumours of aid refusal have come from.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesauctions
    I'll have to try to donate again later. I tried just now and got an error message
    I've been in contact with Tom Henderson at ShelterBox and he has assured me that someone will be addressing this problem ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele
    I've been in contact with Tom Henderson at ShelterBox and he has assured me that someone will be addressing this problem ASAP.
    Cheer's, I'll keep trying now and again untill it works. At least now I know it's not a problem at my side. lol
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Thumbs up

ShelterBox volunteers are now in America and are tonight setting up at the Astro Centre in Houston, Texas.

The have begun distributing some of the many hundreds of ShelterBox kits which will be sent to aid those effected in the crisis.

Remember, each box contains enough equipment and supplies to help ten people, so this one little Cornish charity is helping at least SIX THOUSAND survivors.

Anyone wishing to donate to the ShelterBox charity via their site will need to access the site with Internet Explorer. The current donation service code cannot cope with Mozilla (or similar) browsers. This problem is being looked at and will hopefully be rectified in the near future.

The time for donations is far from over. Despite the Americans finally sending troops to the area around New Orleans, this event has impacted on an area roughly the size of the UK. Over a million people are known to be in need of help at this time and that figure is constantly being revised upward. The impact from this will be felt for quite some time to come.

ShelterBox.com

Thread Information