Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dixons- moving with the times?

View shelleywelley's Feedback (+391)
    All-About shelleywelley
    View shelleywelley's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrscheeks
    Hiya Shelley - thats cool if Asda are seling dvd recorders under £100

just out of interest, the recordable dvd's .... how many times can you record on them? cos sometimes I tape programmes just cos I will be out when they are on and want to catch up but then be able to record over them again.

Vik xxx
    Hiya Vik

Yep Asda have them for £99 it's kind of a standard range now so should be available everywhere. I know a few weeks ago Kwiksave where advertising them for £89

You can use DVD+rw which you can record over and over as much as you want. Or you can use ordinary DVD+r's and record just the prog you want or until the disc fills up, once you have "finalised" it using the recorder you can watch it in any dvd player. The DVD+r's are ideal if you are taping something for somebody else as they are so cheap.

cos well in that case no point in having me video recorder once it dies it being replaced with one of these instead.

We already have 2 dvd players from Asda at less than £35 each when we got them 2yrs ago and they play everything on them bargains.

xxx

I've had a dvd recorder for about 2 years now, and it's brilliant, I can record something. Bung it in my PC and then grab individual frames for posting on websites.
    I can also convert the dvd on my pc to avi, edit out the adverts, then convert it back to a dvd with menus.
    I've recently got out my betamax machine to convert some old adverts to realmedia format for my website.
    Here's the new stuff...
    http://www.completes h i te.com/davethewave-adverts-2 (remove the spaces)

I bought the original Grange Hill and Roobarb betamax videos from ebay, I've got Toyah coming soon (bought from here).
    Todd Carty looked really young.

Thread Information