eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: what a waste

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default what a waste

my daughters bf is working at whsmith depot last night they chucked away thousands of packs of stickers / cards sticker books etc and when he asked if they could buy them they said a firm flat no . yet i know for a fact they will be on ebay within a few days cos the skip drivers grab em all out of skips

lousy barstewards

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_man
    my daughters bf is working at whsmith depot last night they chucked away thousands of packs of stickers / cards sticker books etc and when he asked if they could buy them they said a firm flat no . yet i know for a fact they will be on ebay within a few days cos the skip drivers grab em all out of skips

lousy barstewards
    Tight boooooooogers ya could have sold em ureself couldnt ya....

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I worked at Woolworths years ago, after christmas decorations that had not been sold, we had to smash up/tear ect, so I think you find a lot of the Bigger stores do that sort of thing, can you imagine how much moned is lost.
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

i am well pssd off as i collect and sell this stuff and i might have been able to make up sets to resell i have sent a nasty letter to whsmiths and panini and merlin about not letting staff purchase these items

its stupid isnt it how much money is wasted,they could sell it at a reduced price to people at least...........dont blame you sendin a letter in i would to

It's possible, and probable that Pannini etc. don't allow W.H.Smiths or other outlets to sell the stickers at reduced prices so the price is kept artificially high. Yu-Gi-Oh cards for instance are sold at the same price in all shops, but at one of the Sunday Markets I can buy them at 1/3 of the usual price. They aren't bogus either.

Wilkinson's stores have the right idea. They reduce down and down to 99% off and then if the stuff is still not sold within the allotted timescale it gets bagged or boxed up and donated to charity shops

Well done Wilkinsons .... big thumbs up to them

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmist
    It's possible, and probable that Pannini etc. don't allow W.H.Smiths or other outlets to sell the stickers at reduced prices so the price is kept artificially high. Yu-Gi-Oh cards for instance are sold at the same price in all shops, but at one of the Sunday Markets I can buy them at 1/3 of the usual price. They aren't bogus either.

yes and have a guess where most of these come from either knocked off lol from a wholesaler but you need to buy too many boxes to get them cheap to resell or from abroad

these stickers some were actually the new 2005 football stickers also loads of old pokemon cards / stickers full boxes just dumped for the skip drivers to sell on

makes me mad they could have asked for donation to charity etc. for them instead of just dumping them

Thread Information