Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you all persuaded me

Smile you all persuaded me

i have been a member since april 2004, while i found ebid a lot more user friendly than ebay, i found the selling of items very hard and the bidders wernt there, while i could get a better bargain on ebid, all the praise it seems to be getting now i will give it another go, the problem with ebay is the "winners curse". lets see if i can sell more than i did b4 on here,

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

welcome. if you're selling bacon butties- can i have brown sauce on mine please

Default well thats not a good start

my latest auction failed to get any bidders yet again, one more go, then its back to ebay....sorry

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can't expect one auction to get an immediate sale on here. Give it time. List items. Set them to autorelist. Forget about them. Sell elsewhere but accept the sales here as a bonus. They are cheap... even free and there are more bidders here every day.
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question

You stopped selling then ? I had a look and could not find anything. What sort of things are you trying to sell.

Ebay has a large market of buyers but not everything sells. Sales are very tempermental. There are too many sellers and too much rubbish being listed.

Ebid is free and a good alternative to get away from the high fees ebay charges or as mfkirke says " sales on here are a bonus"

More people on the other side are becoming more aware of us I know being I have been looking at the forums

Quote Originally Posted by baconbuttyman
    my latest auction failed to get any bidders yet again, one more go, then its back to ebay....sorry
    BBM that is not the answer. The correct answer is to list a few of your items that you have duplicates of maybe ort are not to fussed about shifting quickly then list them on Ebid and select them to auto relist and just see what happens.

There is alot of rubbish on here but to just say had no bite of my bait and am leaving is not what we want you need to show a presence on here the more sellers who sell quality items the better and the more choice buyers have when they come and look the better.

I check Ebid for the items I look for on Ebay all the time and I must say I never find the items being sold on here and thats because sellers give up to easily.

I am just about to start listing a few bits of my stuff which I have duplicates of. I DO NOT expect them to sell but if they do thats great but I am going to give it a go.

Come on BBM stay with us permanently not just for one more try.

Ebid is getting there slowly although patience is not my thing but I have been a memebr for ages.

Here's to perservering

Debbie

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dm47red
    [color=purple]
    I check Ebid for the items I look for on Ebay all the time and I must say I never find the items being sold on here and thats because sellers give up to easily.
    I have been luckier.. I find that just now and then the item I want is here, often in the stationery/business supplies type area.

(and I sold something yesterday )
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

I Have Now Listed Some Items That I New Would Sell On Ebay As I Let Them Get Bids On And Cancled 24 Hrs B4 The End.
    Ghostbusters Car. Bid Up To £23.50.....on Ebay
    Car Radio Bid Up To £18.....on Ebay
    Nintendo Bid Up To £21.00.....on Ebay

Lets See If This Site Works
    I Hope It Does, It Has The Potential To Be Better Than Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by baconbuttyman
    I Have Now Listed Some Items That I New Would Sell On Ebay As I Let Them Get Bids On And Cancled 24 Hrs B4 The End.
    Ghostbusters Car. Bid Up To £23.50.....on Ebay
    Car Radio Bid Up To £18.....on Ebay
    Nintendo Bid Up To £21.00.....on Ebay

Lets See If This Site Works
    I Hope It Does, It Has The Potential To Be Better Than Ebay
    Did I miss something here or did you actually close current auctions while people were actively bidding for the above items?

I agree that Ebid has huge potential if more time was spent on it in the sense of some TLC not necessarily stacks more money.
    Please take a looksy at my items for sale. Thank you

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Thread Information