My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: web sites building

Question web sites building

just started trying to use my computer to its full potential after lots of time just using it for fun. I'm looking to build my own website but would like to know who or where is the best places to go to do this. Cheers for any sensible suggestions.

I have one with Lycos - got my own domain name, basic site stuff, cost me about fifty quid for year and I keep my domain for 2 years. It's not bad, it's rarely offline. I upload from FrontPage 2003 because I'm pants at anything to do with webpage design :-)

Bravenet are so-so, but the website is free to have for real basics.

Bought my url through LCN ( low cost names ) or summat cus it was only £7 odd for 2 years.

No web space with that though ... But , can use web diversion so you get to use the short url for peanuts and then divert it to youre free web space.

I get my broadband , tv, phone etc with blueyonder telewest - 30MB free pwp space. Recently upgraded for the huge sum of £1 per week to 100 mb of space.

NO POP UPS ETC as its included in cost of broadband.

Use an FTP programme as i dont like ftp ing through dreamweaver mx ( which is the web design programme i use ).

View jongla's Feedback (+52)
    All-About jongla
    View jongla's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just a brief plug....
    I do web design and also offer web hosting - pm me if your interested.

I would suggest trying it on your own to start with though, nothing more satisfying than seeing your own-designed site available to the world! I started off using Microsoft Word for basic web design, so suggest you do the same. And you can use any free webspace thats normally provided by your isp. Just buy a cheap domain through somewhere like 1&1 or 123-reg, and point it to the free webspace.

If you want any help, pm me. Or any of the other web designers/web hosts that will no doubt soon be posting on here!

I have my own domain £6.19 for 2 years and hosted at http://www.heartinternet.co.uk
    Starter Package
    • 2500 MB Web Space
    • 10,000 MB Data Transfer
    • 1000 Mail Boxes
    • 1000 Autoresponders
    • £300 Free Software
    • Free and Fast Support
    • eXtend Control Panel
    • Plus Much More
    And I use Webplus 8 to design and upload my pages.

Thread Information