Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: eBid Double-Standards

View jongla's Feedback (+52)
    All-About jongla
    View jongla's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid Double-Standards

I am getting just a bit irritated at the hyprocrisy of eBid.

Adult items are not allowed on the frontpage because this is aimed at a family customer base. Weapons are not allowed for similar reasons.

So why is eBid accepting advertising from a site that sells women as russian brides? We all know that most of these sites are run by the russian mafia, and that most womens whose profiles are posted dont even exist! Those that do exist have been coerced into these actions.

I find it incredible that Gazza and Mark can take the moral highground on the one hand, yet take the money from an immoral source such as brides.ru.

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cybertrax
    I am getting just a bit irritated at the hyprocrisy of eBid.

Adult items are not allowed on the frontpage because this is aimed at a family customer base. Weapons are not allowed for similar reasons.

So why is eBid accepting advertising from a site that sells women as russian brides? We all know that most of these sites are run by the russian mafia, and that most womens whose profiles are posted dont even exist! Those that do exist have been coerced into these actions.

I find it incredible that Gazza and Mark can take the moral highground on the one hand, yet take the money from an immoral source such as brides.ru.
    Nahh hun, that's your remit on the links, they move so quickly that most of the time they are not noticed. As you say it's got you irritated. not everyone sees it that way.
    Now this is what I call double standards.
    Last edited by thehoneyant; 13th April 2005 at 12:26 AM.

as far as i am aware, g+m have no control which ads go on that banner as it is a central banner ad which rotates ads at different times. Its a free ad so you get what you pay for

could be wrong though !

back to bed

I think you could be right , there , sasha...how do you like your new place ?

Thread Information