Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: help plz

View taurus-uk's Feedback (+4)
    All-About taurus-uk
    View taurus-uk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry help plz

one morning went to put pc on, wouldnt boot up so phone help line and they told me it sounded like it needed to have windows put back on ,so took it to pc world and payed £30 to have restored,the bloke at pc world told me it was all done and he even put all my photos back on it and put an icon on desktop for me took it home and still nothing keep coming up as need to put system disk in ...what ever thats mean havnt got a disk with it then i phone them again and the bloke on the phone told me it sounds like my hard drive has fried really pi$$ed off now

does that sound right to u lot ?

got a bloke coming out this morning to fix it and its only 3 month old

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

If computor only 3 months old then it would still be under guarantee,
    Should take it back to where you brought it from. when you took it to PC world did they show it running when you picked it up, if not how do you know that PC world fixed the problem in the first place.
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Pc world are notorius for not fixing things right. All there interested in is flogging you the newest packard bell. There staff would sell you a motherboard for a mac even though you own a pc if they thought they would get more commision.
    Stay clear if you need to do repairs go to local computer shop. You get the right customer service and the right answers, not just some spotty teenager tryin to flog you something you dont need.

(can you tell I dont like them)
    RANT over
    I can only make one person happy per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frommetoyou
    Pc world are notorius for not fixing things right. All there interested in is flogging you the newest packard bell. There staff would sell you a motherboard for a mac even though you own a pc if they thought they would get more commision.
    Stay clear if you need to do repairs go to local computer shop. You get the right customer service and the right answers, not just some spotty teenager tryin to flog you something you dont need.

(can you tell I dont like them)
    RANT over
    *laughs!*

i got my first computer from pc world... and guess what it was?

75mhz packard bell

taurus who did you get the computer from originally?

be careful if you are under guarentee/warranty or have any servicing agreement, as they might not be happy that you have allowed people to work on it, if they arent their own engineers.

didnt you get any disks when you bought the computer?

PC World have the most pathetic engineers. I once gave them a really old PC from work to repair and after a few weeks was contacted by them to pay them £40 but they were unable to repair the PC.

As it was a work PC I told my managers they would have to foot the bill, they told me if it wasn't repaired they were not interested in having it back.

So the PC is still at PC World, it was only a Pentium 1 anyway.

View taurus-uk's Feedback (+4)
    All-About taurus-uk
    View taurus-uk's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks for all answers

got problem fix a man came out and fixed it for me its was the hard drive its had fried he said it might have been a virus thats had done it
    didnt have to pay aswell ....what a relieve
    hubby was here when he done it so he did see him put a new one in

all up and running when i get the disks though the post

Most hard drives come with a 2 or 3 year warranty...if the shop won't help, then you can look on the Net and send it off for a replacement...bit of a drag but they do exchange faulty drives. Some ask you to d/l a test prog and run it b4 they will accept it back.

Thread Information