eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Requirements for Uploads to Google Shopping

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Requirements for Uploads to Google Shopping

On the "art deco glass" search did you see "theelench ebid" in the "Seller" side bar on the left?

I just did the same search again and I'm still shown there along with obay and 1stbids and others (but still no ebid). Are others seeing my name + ebid?

I've also searched for "banrigh" and "BordersBargains"

"Banrigh" - Nothing from ebid, but that is only part of your shop name??
    "BordersBargains" - Items from ebid and obay.

Later this morning I will search for "BordersBargains Ebid" to find out whether your name is added to the seller side bar and whether you stay there if I search for one or two of your items (without using your name).
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About theElench
    Forum Posts

I didn't find as many of my glass items as expected although all would be over the £2.50 threshold. As tony said earlier, GS moves in a mysterious way. It must rotate ads. in some way (yesterday it might not have shown any beginning with "W"),as long as I can find most of my ads, I'd be happy with that.

Do you take care to ensure that your ad. titles on ebid and obay are significantly different. A tip I gleaned from a previous discussion on GS is that GS does not allow duplicate listings and if your ad. on here has the same title as on obay, GS will keep the obay ad. and discard the ebid version.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

theElench - No I didn't see your name on the left side bar but do see 2 listings but I then did the same search 5 minutes later and this time your name did appear on the left

The majority of my listings on each platform should be different in titles and now I'm seeing even less of my items on GS but still fine on images

I then did a search on my other accounts name and not a single thing appears, so god knows what's going on

View banrigh's Feedback (+2962)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Use Banrighs in your search. Add an 's'.

I could try searching for some of you in GS, but not sure I will find those who are not selling to the US.

Did it on .co.uk and .com didn't see any of yours and saw about 15 on images

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I searched for vintage knitting patterns they came up on google shopping and they were all etsy and some were priced at £1.70.!

All-About theElench
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    theElench - No I didn't see your name on the left side bar but do see 2 listings but I then did the same search 5 minutes later and this time your name did appear on the left

The majority of my listings on each platform should be different in titles and now I'm seeing even less of my items on GS but still fine on images

I then did a search on my other accounts name and not a single thing appears, so god knows what's going on
    Was my name followed by "Ebid"? If so could this be a way of getting the ebid site name visible on the side bar?? In the past when searching for glass (as a potential buyer) I've sometimes found that by viewing several other ebid items, ebid will appear on the side bar. It would also explain something I mentioned earlier.

That although ebid is missing, a seller's own web-site is included although they are a smaller site than ebid and have less of what I'm searching for than ebid. Could it be that they are shown because someone had recently searched for them, or their items on GS?

Searching for "BordersBargains ebid" I found results listed on ebid, including pillow cases, oil paint set and soap + others.

@banrigh.

I searched "banrighs" and "banrighs ebid" and wasn't shown any of your items on GS.uk but I couldn't get the usual .uk pages. Only the "mobile?" page I mentioned above. That only shows 19 results in total and I couldn't find any way to get to the usual page with further pages shown at the bottom. Do you sell to the UK?

I just search ebid.uk stores and yes, you do. Getting a bit frustrated that I'm sometimes taken to whatever the "mobile" page is. With only a handful of listings being shown, there is little chance of ebid sellers being shown on it at all.
    Last edited by theElench; 23rd August 2022 at 09:19 AM.

The name only comes up on the side bar after you do the search so I doubt anyone else will see it unless they also do the search

Well It may be time to get rid of one of my servers as its taking up time with no real return, I'll wait until the new year though

All-About theElench
    Forum Posts

But as I said earlier, having made the search my name and ebid were still there when I repeated the search the next day. When you searched (Art Deco Glass?) as a browser might, my name appears on your second search. I ask myself, is that why I sometimes see someone's small independent web-site on the side bar when ebid is missing -- simply because someone viewed one item then a few more or searched for that site?

As GS is probably responsible for directing at least some of my buyers here, I'd like to try to understand how it works and use it better.

It doesn't seem like anyone has much insight. GS is mentioned in passing, mostly during "Ebid must advertise itself" type of threads and the odd tip may be given. But the threads disappear off the bottom of pages or are deleted because of age or acrimonious exchanges and any useful info. goes with them.

How many ebid sellers are happily duplicating their listings on here to other sites (or in reverse) thus advertising obay or etsy but NOT ebid?

Ensuring my titles are different seems to have improved my sales here, perhaps others might benefit if they also knew and did the same?
    I'll put in a request for a pinned thread or a GS forum so we can, perhaps, gather some useful info. and share it with other sellers.?

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View 2Bookworms's Feedback (+164)
    All-About 2Bookworms
    View 2Bookworms's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all,
    I have just returned back to Ebid after having a break from selling. I am a bit confused as to what is happening with GS, do I have to register a merchant account with GS to have my items show, as a lot of my items above £2.50 are not showing on GS and ebid is not an option of sellers in the left hand side boxes, it's as though we don't exist?

Thread Information