eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP - is this a scam from Vancouver? Need help as they have clicked "buy it now"

Exclamation HELP - is this a scam from Vancouver? Need help as they have clicked "buy it now"

Please help, I have had someone buy my mums mobility scooter, but I am in the UK and they are from Vancouver. I have had several emails in the past saying they wish to buy, but not through ebid, but this person has clicked on my 'buy it now' button, They are bronze level and only registered this morning. I feel this is highly suspect. What can i do?
    This is copy of thier email:

Hi Mrs K Sewell,
    Am the person interested in buying your Mobility Scooter advertised for sale on the ebid website.

I agree to pay the asking price which is £900.The following are the procedures of purchase:1,PAYMENT WILL BE MADE TO YOU FOR THE SUM OF THE AGREED PRICE.2,AFTER PAYMENT,THE MOBILITY SCOOTER WILL BE PICK UP FROM YOUR LOCATION AT AN APPOINTED TIME AND DATE BY MY ASSIGNED SHIPPING COMPANY.

As regards to payment,it will be made to you in UK cheque or UK money order.I will have the cheque or money order made out by my client(actually he's oweing me).I will instruct him to send you the payment of £900 in cheque or money order immediately.Once the payment gets to you, the pick up will be made.Guess the arrangement is well understood.So there,provide me with the following details:
    FULL NAME ...........
    CONTACT ADDRESS..........
    PHONE NUMBER..................
    Once all this datas are provided,i will forward it to my client to send the payment over to you.I will be looking forward to hear from you soon,
    Regards
    Travis Relon

Looks like some kind of scam to me not the only scooter purchased by this buyer either.
    Last edited by oddsnends; 10th January 2005 at 01:29 PM.

Default Not the only scooter??

How do you know he has tried to buy other scooters then?
    AND what is the best thing to do? How do i 'cancel' his 'buy it now bid' and re-list it? Any help appreciated?

http://boxer.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects...559333-18588-0

was the other scooter he bought

just relist your scooter from your closed auctions, as he will be a scam artist

Exclamation HI, ebid has suspended him

HI ebid have emailed me and they said he has now been suspended:

this was his id: travis_rel (Bronze 0)
    Ebid said:
    Hi,

The user had been suspended due to us having concerns about the users intentions.

Please understand that we do not take this action lightly and it is to
    protect you as well as eBid.

Best regards
    eBid Support

Just as well. Unuasual item to scam a seller with normally it's laptops and mobile phones but you were very lucky

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

SCAM. The minute ANY BUYER utters the words "my client" the seller should back RIGHT off. It's usually some form of money laundering/theft, and usually from Nigeria or Russia/Romania.

I hope this helps.

i have some dude click my buy it now and his user id says he's from UK but he tells me he wants the item shipped to Nigeria. He wanted to use bidpay but I told hime no. He says he is going to send a check but I told him I will not ship until the check clears. What do you think I should do? Tell him to forget the deal and report him to Ebid?

Forum Lurker
    View val58's Feedback (+593)
    All-About val58
    View val58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation scammers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamilyStore
    i have some dude click my buy it now and his user id says he's from UK but he tells me he wants the item shipped to Nigeria. He wanted to use bidpay but I told hime no. He says he is going to send a check but I told him I will not ship until the check clears. What do you think I should do? Tell him to forget the deal and report him to Ebid?
    I have had a similar incident That is still on going. They cant use paypal as there isp is to far a distance away. Now wants me to use stormpay. Be wary folks as both paypal and stormpay have unsupported listed countries and one of them is nigeria. These people are realising that the bidpay, western union and money order scam is well known and are now looking to other forms of scamming you. Paypal do support this site ( some auction sites they dont) hence they will not use paypal. Stormpay does not offer the same protection please be very wary these people are getting very devious.

Best wishes

Val

Once you hear these words in an email approach , you can be 99% sure its a scam -

'My client'
    'Nigeria'
    'Bidpay'
    'my shipping agent'
    'western union'
    'buying this for my sister/brother/son/daughter/

Thread Information