eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: "They" Keep Getting it Wrong!

Exclamation "They" Keep Getting it Wrong!

In this case by "they" I mean the BBC, but they are not alone in this. The most recent one was this morning, when it was announced that the new Royal baby is of "mixed race". Utter nonsense! There is only one race and that is the Human Race!

The evolutionary coverage is necessarily complex, but looking at one aspect alone when people speak of "mixed race" they are usually speaking of colour. We know the evolutionary cause of this to be related to the "D" vitamin and the amount of sunshine to which humans are exposed, together with necessary changes in diet.
    Use of the word "race" to explain these differences makes it so easy for the bigots of this world to make their preposterous claims about human differences.
    A "Race Relationships Act", therefore, does not help. What is needed is some sort of "Anti-Bigotry" Act.

The other piece of nonsense being perpetrated by all and sundry, but I'm picking on the BBC as it is heard by the majority of the population, is that there should be/should not be a second referendum! Why should England tremble with such mathematically inept politicians and analysts? I include politicians on both extremes and those dithering in the middle!
    They seem totally incapable of doing the simplest mathematics, and not to have progressed even as far as "one, two, three.....a lot"!

For those who do not understand the maths of this may I point out very simply that we have already had two referendums/referenda!! So for any party leader, of any party, to say that there should not be a second one ..... It makes me wonder just how capable these people are! Check your favourite in this mess and see what he/she has said. My guess is that you will throw up your hands in despair as even if no statement about a "second" referendum is made, there is nothing to point out the erroneous thinking of their rivals.

"Stop the world! I want to get off!!"
    Last edited by cambrensis; 9th May 2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Duplication...

Default Re: "They" Keep Getting it Wrong!

Whilst I'd support you in championing an Anti-Bigotry Act, I guess you realise it would shut down most of the religions in the world?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Whilst I'd support you in championing an Anti-Bigotry Act, I guess you realise it would shut down most of the religions in the world?
    Only if bigots were to "get in on the act" ! (VBG)

I know that there are bigots who call themselves Christian, but most of us would reject their claim to "membership". The same is true of the many Muslims and Jews I know as well. Buddhism by its very nature is extremely all-encompassing. Of course, there are many other religions, but most are of a minority nature and many are extremely localised.

Most of us, whatever the faith, have a belief in the continuity of life beyond death. The only group who actively deny this are the atheists among us. However, there is this difference - if we believers are wrong, then nobody will ever know! On the other hand, should the atheists be wrong...boy are they going to look stupid!

Pax et bonum!

I should.of course, have pointed out, that this has nothing to do with my points about the mis-use of words, or loose interpretation.

Another term being mis-used at the moment is "anti-semitism" which seems to be taken to mean "Anti_Jewish", "Anti-Hebraic" and "Anti-Israeli". Users forget that the term is not totally exclusive as it includes the Arab peoples.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis;171...5
    Only if bigots were to "get in on the act,,,,,Most of us, whatever the faith, have a belief in the continuity of life beyond death,,,
    No death is the end,
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    No death is the end,
    Unclear as to which way you are swaying. In any case we shall see, or not, as the case may be!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    No death is the end,
    That's my experience and that of many others I have spoken to who have died and been brought back to life.

Miracles are not needed now to bring someone back to life now more people know how to use CPR

Thread Information