Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decisions, decisions....

Default Re: Decisions, decisions....

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    We are both so sorry for your loss.

MIL at 87 has had her dog die & we are going to collect his ashes & sort the bill out today....
    Thank you. Maplegin. Exactly the same quandary...My condolences to you both.

Although mine was cremated, as were her bothers and sister, I have never paid the extra for the ashes, but simply allowed them to be sprinkled in their gardens. This is because, as I had four of them living all together at one stage, I'd have a shelf full of urns by now!

For those who do not know of such things. cremation for my "girl" was £39, whereas her brother, "Pharaoh", waas £95 two years ago. They calculate on size and weight, so you can see the difference between the dogs and bitches in this breed.

Names are another thing; I can get quite quirky on dog names! (No, not "kinky", Astral!):

I had bought one and named him "Domino" as he was black and white. After I lost hm, i bought another and decided to keep the game theme going, so he was "Ludo" (Latin for "I play"). I decided he needed another as company so added "Pharaoh" (from the American card game). At this point I became stuck for games ending in the "o" sound, so the black and white bitch I added to the other two (same litter as "Pharaoh") was named "Cleo", rather obviously! We live in a world full of crazy people! I registered her with the Kennel Club as "Cleopatra Jewel of the Nile". This was done over the 'phone (never again!) and the endorsed paperwork came back as "Cleopatra Duel of the Nile"! It could not be altered without its costing me a fortune, so that remained. I then added this other little girl; I named her "Willow" as she had difficulty walking and was very floppy and "bendy"! They were the four; I was very fit as I had four walks a day (two for each pair); in my area you are not allowed to walk more than two dogs at a time. It makes sense - some seem unable to walk one!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Good heavens Astral! He looks very much like "Willow"'s older brother, "Pharaoh"...
    Errr... he's a poodle. Mind you, he was always good at impressions.

In his youth...

Name:  Pepy as a pup (2).jpg
Views: 63
Size:  113.7 KB

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Names are another thing; I can get quite quirky on dog names! (No, not "kinky", Astral)
    Thank heavens for the comma before 'Astral'.

How about 'Romeo'? Then if they run off you can go around calling "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?"

[I do know that the above is a misinterpretation of the line]

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have never liked the noise of yappy dogs but years ago an old friend had a Lhasa Apso that woofed

It was the first time I had met a little breed dog that woofed

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I have never liked the noise of yappy dogs but years ago an old friend had a Lhasa Apso that woofed

It was the first time I had met a little breed dog that woofed
    I think poodles tend to be 'yappy' but ours never was.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

So sorry about your little friend, cambrensis. It's a good thing what they put in our heart never runs out of the hole they leave in it when they are gone. Strange how we can so often think we see, or hear, or even feel or smell someone or some pet we have lost. I swear to this day that one day my grandmother gave me a hug. And what on earth are cats and dogs staring at when they look into space...……?

I think Astral should go over to your house for awhile and fill in until you make your decision. No, perhaps it would better if you just dog sat your friend's dog first. You don't want to be totally put off having a new buddy! But Astral would certainly make you laugh!!! (well, he does me, anyway!!)
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Errr... he's a poodle.
    So I see,, now he's in profile. Remarkable likeness when muzzle towards camera so slightly foreshortened as in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Thank heavens for the comma before 'Astral'.

How about 'Romeo'? Then if they run off you can go around calling "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?"

[I do know that the above is a misinterpretation of the line]
    What the blue blazes?! An Englishman who understand his own language?? I've known self-styled Producers who get that one wrong and continue the perpetration of nonsense!

I placed that comma very carefully, as I felt "paws" to be needed.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    So sorry about your little friend, cambrensis. It's a good thing what they put in our heart never runs out of the hole they leave in it when they are gone. Strange how we can so often think we see, or hear, or even feel or smell someone or some pet we have lost. I swear to this day that one day my grandmother gave me a hug. And what on earth are cats and dogs staring at when they look into space...……?

I think Astral should go over to your house for awhile and fill in until you make your decision. No, perhaps it would better if you just dog sat your friend's dog first. You don't want to be totally put off having a new buddy! But Astral would certainly make you laugh!!! (well, he does me, anyway!!)
    So sorry to read you have lost your little friend, agree totally with her Majesty's comments and sentiments and yes Astral would make you laugh because he makes me laugh also.

Dog sitting is a great idea, lots of people now prefer to have someone take care of their pet than put them in kennels, I once heard that day care is sometime required for Guide dogs, don't know how it works or what is involved.

Thread Information