Thread: Insurance renewals

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Insurance renewals

My response to a renewal car insurance provider:

"Your renewal quote is unbelievably high and I find that the practice of having to telephone to haggle the price down totally unacceptable. I have better ways of spending my life.

I have made alternative insurance provision for this next year in question so I will NOT renew with you again because of the above."

Maybe if enough folk did the same these thefts of our money and time would cease? So utterly annoying and frustrating.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Insurance renewals

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

My response to a renewal car insurance provider:

"Your renewal quote is unbelievably high and I find that the practice of having to telephone to haggle the price down totally unacceptable. I have better ways of spending my life.

I have made alternative insurance provision for this next year in question so I will NOT renew with you again because of the above."

Maybe if enough folk did the same these thefts of our money and time would cease? So utterly annoying and frustrating.

Well done, Cheaver. I totally agree with you and will be doing the same in future.
    It seems to me that every quote these days is hugely inflated to allow for customer 'haggling' . We reduced one of our renewals by £90!!! last year after finding on their web site that new customers were insured for a pittance of what they wanted from us. What happened to customer loyalty???

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    Well done, Cheaver. I totally agree with you and will be doing the same in future.
    It seems to me that every quote these days is hugely inflated to allow for customer 'haggling' . We reduced one of our renewals by £90!!! last year after finding on their web site that new customers were insured for a pittance of what they wanted from us. What happened to customer loyalty???
    Loyalty went out of the window a long time ago I think.

I've just saved £79 by switching from Post Office to AA.

Even dafter - the RAC (with whom I have been a member for more years than I care to remember) couldn't price match my AA quote - their quote was another £10 on top...... has the world gone mad? Now the RAC risks me switching to AA for breakdown cover........

Roll on (not) May when I can do this again for House Insurance? Unless sense prevails of course, which is highly unlikely.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you looked at Green Flag for breakdown cover cheaver?

They use independent local garages for help. We used them for years when insured with Zurich - and very good they were too.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

and to the RAC....

Dear RAC,

for the record and I hope this information is useful:

When I renewed my membership/breakdown cover I asked about car insurance and I was told to phone back nearer the time when it was due. It is due 16.3.19.

I phoned this morning, listened to your 4 minute approx recordings, and eventually spoke to a live person - the gentleman suggested I got an online quote then phone back in with the quote reference number - I did that, and when I phoned back I again listened to your 4 minute approx recordings before speaking to a lady who said that the online price quote was unalterable.

Since your quote is higher than that offered by the AA I have renewed my Car Insurance with them.

Sad, don't you think? I have no idea why I should have to put myself through all this - I have better ways of spending my life.

It has certainly put me off ringing in for a House Insurance quote (assuming you do this) when it is due - and also makes me wonder if the AA can also provide cheaper breakdown cover?

Very upset and frustrated member.

I can only wonder at what the response, if any, will be..... watch this space.....

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Have you looked at Green Flag for breakdown cover cheaver?

They use independent local garages for help. We used them for years when insured with Zurich - and very good they were too.

I've always had a great deal (easily negotiable) for breakdown cover with the RAC due to long term membership (and with no lengthy pre recordings to suffer in the process) - they are one of the few companies who do reward loyalty in the breakdown cover area..... stupid isn't it? Why they can't extend that in other areas defies my comprehension.

I will actually do a price comparison check again though next time.... just in case ......

Thread Information