eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, That Wasn't What I expected...

Default Well, That Wasn't What I expected...

Fully intended to do something different for this Christmas and the New Year, but ended up doing something I never really expected...

Woke up on the Saturday before Christmas with a massive chest infection that came very close to putting me in hospital, I have never felt so ill in my life (and I've been on the planet for a few years...)

Today, for the very first time since that Saturday I'm starting to feel a bit more like the old me, still on medications, still seeing the doctor but I'm finally beginning to feel human again.... First time I've ever lost weight over Christmas, 10lb at the last count, but I'm still here and that's all that counts....

Hope you all had a better Christmas and New Year than I have!

Default Re: Well, That Wasn't What I expected...

Oh dear that's rough, glad you are on the mend.
    I sort of missed Christmas too, having my gall bladder out just before, but made up for it at New Year !

Lol, I've beaten you and lost two stone over the past few months. Looks like we have both got a head start on the New Year diets I don't like this getting old business though !

They are talking about it getting colder at the end of January so make sure you stay warm and look after yourself.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

No fun, Mandart………….glad you are tough and on the mend!

I think Sarge's problem was due to all the SPECIAL SAUCE she drinks and puts in her food. She might claim it's something different, but we all are pretty sure it's the sauce. You, on the other hand, don't seem to have done anything to deserve your bedrest. Keep taking good care of yourself.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    No fun, Mandart………….glad you are tough and on the mend!

I think Sarge's problem was due to all the SPECIAL SAUCE she drinks and puts in her food. She might claim it's something different, but we all are pretty sure it's the sauce. You, on the other hand, don't seem to have done anything to deserve your bedrest. Keep taking good care of yourself.
    Moi ?! How could you say such a thing Private Majesty.
    I'll have you know it's my New Year resolution to have no more than three bottles (of gin) a day !

You can talk, I've heard about your champers before bed !
    https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/ar...c-drinks-a-day

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Oh dear that's rough, glad you are on the mend.
    I sort of missed Christmas too, having my gall bladder out just before, but made up for it at New Year !

Lol, I've beaten you and lost two stone over the past few months. Looks like we have both got a head start on the New Year diets I don't like this getting old business though !

They are talking about it getting colder at the end of January so make sure you stay warm and look after yourself.
    Blimey, been a good Christmas all round by the sound of it! I certainly intend hiding away from anything vaguely like bad weather - hope everything's improving for you too - and you're right about this age business!

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad to hear you are improving do stay in out of this chilly weather, it looks nice but very chilly

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to hear you were unwell and glad to hear you are improving
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I tell my father, the Old Sailor every day 'Take care and keep warm'.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

My local hospital spent 6 months trying to convince me to let them remove my gall bladder to fix serious pains that I was having. I strongly resisted. I then saw a different consultant and he said "That's not your gall bladder causing the problems.". After further tests it turned out I had a gastric ulcer that just needed meds to clear it up. If I had listened to the first lot I would have been minus a gall bladder and still had the pains.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    My local hospital spent 6 months trying to convince me to let them remove my gall bladder to fix serious pains that I was having. I strongly resisted. I then saw a different consultant and he said "That's not your gall bladder causing the problems.". After further tests it turned out I had a gastric ulcer that just needed meds to clear it up. If I had listened to the first lot I would have been minus a gall bladder and still had the pains.

Crikey, well I'm glad I got rid of mine, had been having problems since March. The doc said afterwards that if I hadn't of had it done at that time then I probably would have been in for an emergency operation a couple of weeks later ! There were a lot of stones and it was very inflamed and contracted. I wasn't too bad through the summer but from October onwards I was in a lot of pain no matter how I restricted my eating.

My father had his removed back in the 1960's, at least I didn't have to be sliced open like he did. So clever what they can do nowadays laproscopically. I arrived at 7.30am and was home again by 5.00pm !

Thread Information