Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Royal Mail issues.

View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+3775)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Royal Mail issues.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Sounds reasonable. I'd distinguish between the level of packing I'd use for something modern and ephemeral, vs a collectable. But even a collectable I'd only do much as you have, or use stiff cardboard both sides (or one piece folded around) then taped all round.

What damage did the buyer experience? Did they send a photo?
    The Royal Mail bent the envelope from the pics the buyer sent over causing a spine stress mark/small crease in the comics spine.
    We both agreed that RM would be a fruitless effort getting to admit they were at fault, and the buyer wanted to keep the item as they have been looking a long time for it, and they weren't looking to get anything out of this, so I refunded the buyer a small amount back.
    Their purchase a couple of days later arrived with no problems.
    J

Default Re: Royal Mail issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    The Royal Mail bent the envelope from the pics the buyer sent over causing a spine stress mark/small crease in the comics spine.
    We both agreed that RM would be a fruitless effort getting to admit they were at fault, and the buyer wanted to keep the item as they have been looking a long time for it, and they weren't looking to get anything out of this, so I refunded the buyer a small amount back.
    Their purchase a couple of days later arrived with no problems.
    J
    Ah. Same happens here with mags sometimes, postie just folds them in half to fit the rest of the bundle. Fortunately they're only ephemeral, I don't collect old ones.

Would be nice to include a thin sheet of glass, then folding it would result in shards and blood.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information