Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You are in America now

Default donkeyote

At least two of the other venues here in the US that I list on has Paypal as an integrated payment option to some degree - not the level of integration (or pushing of it) that you see on eBay - but it is possible.

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

you are able to say that you accept paypal within the auction details.

i dont really understand why it is so important to have it integrated?

also americans do not have to do business with those in the uk if they do not want to. just as those in the uk do not have to sell to americans

you just put in the auction where you are willing to ship to.

Not too bothered about paypal being integrated into ebid like ebay as sellers can put it into the descrition any way. Many sellers hate paypal and would rather have more control over how the buyer pays rather than ebay persuading buyers to choose paypal over a cheque

"i dont really understand why it is so important to have it integrated?"

I really don't understand why either--especially since less than 25% of my online buyers pay me with PayPal. You can just add a PayPal button to your auctions.

The number of buyers willing to pay by PayPal drops dramatically anyways once you step off the US eBay web site (with the exception of a few small U.S. auction sites that are composed mainly of former ebay.com sellers selling to each other).

I've taken money from Paypal via this site ... I've also Paid with PayPal over this site ... Can't see what you're talking about ... I lived in the U.S for some time PayPal and Nochex (also available on this site) is acceptable with any email address

Before I say this ... Let me point out that My wife is American (from Nebraska) My kids were born in America (North Platte Nebraska) so this is not a racist issue just an observation.

Americans don't seem to understand anything that isn't American and they seem to think that the whole world has to conform with their way of life and their attitudes to be correct. That seems to make them inflexible and intolerant to doing anything that wasn't born in the U.S.A

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawbill
    This is my final thoght about this site, and I am cancelling my membership, as I do not need the hassle, or the potential hazard of dealing with a foreign entity, with my money.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid69101
    Before I say this ... Let me point out that My wife is American (from Nebraska) My kids were born in America (North Platte Nebraska) so this is not a racist issue just an observation.

Americans don't seem to understand anything that isn't American and they seem to think that the whole world has to conform with their way of life and their attitudes to be correct. That seems to make them inflexible and intolerant to doing anything that wasn't born in the U.S.A
    My personal experience with selling to the U.S. from Feepay has been that almost all the buyers didn't seem to understand the concept of 'other countries' - i.e. it costs more to send an item from the U.K. to the U.S. than it does from within the U.S.! Almost all my U.S. buyers would pay by Paypal, but they didn't pay any extra postage and didn't ask me how much extra it would cost to send. I found this attitude incredible, and I stopped sending items abroad.

When I see an item listed on Ebay.com, the first thing I do is look for the international postage cost, and if it's not stated then I immediately contact the seller and ask them how much it would cost to send to the U.K.
    My U.S. buyers almost never did this - which is pretty scary!
    Still, I've heard the saying "The earth is but one country" - perhaps it's the good old U.S. of A.!

Thats cool, you're going ... maybe we'd be better off dealing with foreign entitys with our money ... which may i remind you isn't a collapsing currency. We're british old pal ... we never got onour knees to anyone yet and i'm sure we're not going to start now

Thread Information