Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Sold Items And Completed Auctions

Forum Lurker
    All-About tidewater50
    View tidewater50's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Sold Items And Completed Auctions

Is there a way to search completed auctions, and sold items, to see the actual stats of what has sold, as a seller, seeing what the sell thru rate is, determines how many auctions I list, I tried this site 3 years ago never sold 1 item, so I went back to the Bay, I want to invest my time here, but it has to be worth it. USA sellers I welcome your input, since we are selling in the same country.

Default Re: Sold Items And Completed Auctions

Yes you can search closed listings to check what has sold, but it is very time consuming as ebid has made it to where you have to click a lot to find out what has sold.
    When I 1st joined it was very easy to search sold items, you search the item then clicked closed listings in the advanced area & if a item sold it had a green check mark by it & a red X if it did not sell.
    Then there were a lot of people posting that nothing sells here & to search closed listings to see all the red X, so ebid changed how you search to find what had sold. Here is what you have to do now.

1. Search the item you want to research.
    2. In the results click advanced search tab.
    3. Tick the closed listings box.
    4. Click search.
    5. Now you have to click on a listing scroll to the bottom of the page to see if it sold or not.
    6. Now click the back button to return to the results page & repeat process until you have clicked on every item.

Very time consuming, as far as sells I have sold a couple of things in the 8 years I have been here. But sell a lot more on other venues.

Forum Lurker
    All-About tidewater50
    Forum Posts

Thank You for your honest response, I would think they would want to make things easier, maybe that is why the sell thru rate is so low, site is not very user friendly,

Forum Lurker
    All-About tidewater50
    Forum Posts

Well it makes a big difference to me, as to how much time i want to invest, guess I will just post a few things to see what happens, no sense in listing hundreds of items if nothing sells.

Quote Originally Posted by tidewater50 View Post
    Well it makes a big difference to me, as to how much time i want to invest, guess I will just post a few things to see what happens, no sense in listing hundreds of items if nothing sells.
    If you are addressing me with this statement ... I agree that a person has to decide for themselves just how much time and effort to invest based on the available features here at eBid. Individual methods of running their online business will vary from seller to seller.

The owners have said that they are working on listing variations and on increasing the number of free photographs on a listing. They have not said that they are working on changing the way that we see closed listings, as far as I know.

Forum Lurker
    All-About tidewater50
    Forum Posts

Well I see posts about how many auctions are running, but never see posts about how many auctions actually sold, you can have millions of auctions but what is the sell thru rate??? I wonder if this is why they do not make it easy to search what has sold, seems odd, this is such a secret...

Forum Lurker
    All-About tidewater50
    Forum Posts

Thanks

Thread Information