eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Normal or Glitch?

Forum Newbie
    All-About evieanne
    View evieanne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Normal or Glitch?

Hi everyone

I don't know if this is normal as I've only been here a short time but I haven't been able to delete the images in my gallery. I checked all the boxes and deleted them but got a message saying "unable to delete as images are in use". I removed all of my listings so they are not in use and I also cleared everything on my "items I ran" pages.

So I'm just wondering where the images are being used or is it that they take time to be deleted?

I just found out that it's not actually free to use images if you are a lifetime member so I've had to remove everything :-(

Default Re: Normal or Glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by evieanne View Post
    Hi everyone

I don't know if this is normal as I've only been here a short time but I haven't been able to delete the images in my gallery. I checked all the boxes and deleted them but got a message saying "unable to delete as images are in use". I removed all of my listings so they are not in use and I also cleared everything on my "items I ran" pages.

So I'm just wondering where the images are being used or is it that they take time to be deleted?

I just found out that it's not actually free to use images if you are a lifetime member so I've had to remove everything :-(
    As a lifetime member, you can have 5 free images per listing. If you choose the gallery option there is a 2% fee when your item sells.

As for your question, are the listings deleted and not just closed? It usually takes a few minutes for the listings to be removed from eBid's system before the gallery images can be deleted.

Hope this helps.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

If images have been used in a listing they cannot be deleted from your My Gallery area for 75 days after the listing has closed - either due to a sale or deletion/closing by the seller.

You are registered as Seller+, which means that you get 5 free images per listing. Any additional images over that 5 are charged at 3p each.

Any images in your My Gallery area will not incur any fees, it's only when they are used in a listing in excess of your 5 free ones.

BTW... I have cousin lives in Melksham. I won't name names just in case you are sworn enemies.
    Last edited by astral276; 4th May 2016 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Corrected cost of additional images.

Forum Newbie
    All-About evieanne
    View evieanne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi - thanks for replying. Yes all listings were deleted a while before I tried to delete the images. They're still there but I'll try again later on. Regarding the fees: when I joined I understood that the only charge was 2% sales fee if you used the gallery and I was very happy with that. My worry was that I'd missed some other information as another person had received an invoice for images and she is also a lifetime member. I've just been to double check on the table that lists the different membership options and I do think it's a little confusing and could be misunderstood. People might think the 0.03p charge per image (or extra image) applies to all packages. Thank for the clarification.

Forum Newbie
    All-About evieanne
    View evieanne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks. The other seller must have used more than five images without realising that she would be charged for the extra ones. I can't find the message I posted about that - it's been removed by the looks of it. Shame about not being able to remove images. I hate having loads of clutter that's not being used. But my desk - that's another story! I was just trying to think who I know of in Melksham. Apart from a few neighbours, absolutely no one! My friends live outside of town, lucky them :-)

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Thanks. The other seller must have used more than five images without realising that she would be charged for the extra ones. I can't find the message I posted about that - it's been removed by the looks of it.
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.php?179270-Bummer

Yes, they did import their listings from eBay unaware that images over 5 per listing would be charged. Dangerous to assume that eBid and eBay work the same - they don't. If you read that whole thread you will see where the problem arose and that it was amicably resolved.

Shame about not being able to remove images.
    Once used in a listing images need to be retained in case there is a subsequent complaint that the item was not as as pictured. After 75 days the listing is moved to the eBid archives and the images are removed.

I was just trying to think who I know of in Melksham. Apart from a few neighbours, absolutely no one! My friends live outside of town, lucky them :-)
    Could even be you I was referring to.

Forum Newbie
    All-About evieanne
    View evieanne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry, I don't understand your last comment. Please would you explain.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Sorry, I don't understand your last comment. Please would you explain.
    I was merely observing that as you live in Melksham, my cousin lives in Melksham, I don't know who you are, then there exists the possibility that you could be my cousin.

It was intended to be humour. Clearly I failed.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone

Let us know a specific example of an image that won't delete and we can take a look.

Ensure the listing it was used in is actually deleted and not just closed.

Thx
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Ensure the listing it was used in is actually deleted and not just closed.
    It makes no difference; you cannot delete an image for 75 days after it last appearing in an active listing.

Deleting the listing and then attempting to delete an image it used will still return an error:

Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  97.6 KB

Thread Information