Forum Newbie
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View JillThompson's Feedback (+16)
    All-About JillThompson
    View JillThompson's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb statistics and tracking pages

Hello there,
    Is there anywhere where we can see google analytics type info for our listings and stores?

So is it possible to get more information about where the people who are viewing items come from?

Like, say I have a listing, at the moment you only see a counter for how many views that listing has had. Is there any way to see where those viewers came from? Eg google shopping, from the store page, general search etc.

Alternatively, this is my suggestion, please can we have somewhere to put our own tracking links so we can track our own views with this additional information? Somewhere to put retargeting pixels would be fantastic too.

Thanks!
    Jill

Default Re: statistics and tracking pages

Welcome to eBid.

You can add Google Analytics or Statcounter code to your listings to get the information you are seeking. I haven't used these recently, but I'm sure someone will be along that can give you more information.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JillThompson View Post
    Hello there,
    Is there anywhere where we can see google analytics type info for our listings and stores?

So is it possible to get more information about where the people who are viewing items come from?

Like, say I have a listing, at the moment you only see a counter for how many views that listing has had. Is there any way to see where those viewers came from? Eg google shopping, from the store page, general search etc.

Alternatively, this is my suggestion, please can we have somewhere to put our own tracking links so we can track our own views with this additional information? Somewhere to put retargeting pixels would be fantastic too.

Thanks!
    Jill

I find statcounter easier to use than google, however adding the tracking code is the same in both cases.

1 get the tracking code from your prefered tracker.

2 add the code to each of your listings.

to do this for existing listings go to edit, ensure you are using the advanced editor, click the source button top right then paste the code in at the bottom of your description.

once this is done you can use list similar to create a new listing and the code will be already included. you can also set a template with the code in if you wish.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Forum Newbie
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View JillThompson's Feedback (+16)
    All-About JillThompson
    View JillThompson's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fantastic! Thanks for the responses.

I didn't know you were allowed to just stick it in your source code, so good stuff.

Cheers,
    Jill
    Please visit my store, Thanks!
    http://rose-cosmetic-gifts.ebid.net/

Thread Information