Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Hospital frustration

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    I see.

But only 60% with one eye. Thanks to, name and shame, BMI Hospital in Stepney Green.
    My son, Gavin, (in his early 30's now) will understand your frustration with this much better than I could.

He was told a while back that there was treatment available in the UK for his Diabetes related eye problem but the treatment wasn't available at that time on the NHS for free.

He then had to wait until the funding WAS available while the eye problem deteriorated.

My aunt had to got private to get the same treatment....12 monthly injections costing £12,000 altogether...eek!

Default Re: Hospital frustration

[QUOTE=purplestevie;1642819]My husband had a hernia operation 2 weeks ago was told to be there at 7am but didnt have his operation until 5pm![/QUOTE

This is common practice I'm afraid, with many "routine" operations. They work out how many such procedures can be done in a day and send for everybody at the early time so that paperwork etc may be gone through. The actual schedule is then worked out as it's more than likely some will not have turned up. Of course if an emergency comes in the schedule has to be adjusted.The time of 5 pm suggests that everybody turned up on that occasion or there was an emergency or both!

Hope your husband is doing well; I had a "double" done some years ago now - I was always greedy!

Thread Information