Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butter is now good for you...

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Butter is now good for you...

They can find a link for anything!! That is what they get Government Funds for... links equal Money for them.
    No link, no money.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Absorb some but not all.... take it like a grain of salt.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31357438

I'm sick of all these 'experts' giving out differing information on what is good and what is bad for us. One minute something is killing us and the next not consuming it is bad for us - and vice versa.

Not that I pay any attention; I eat what I want to eat. Just wish they would butt out of trying to run people's lives.
    My sentiments exactly, as for the high priced margerine which is supposed to help lower cholesterol a friend of mine was told by her Dr she was wasting her money. I've stuck to my butter, lard and dripping and a chip shop not far from me has them queing up every Friday night and Saturday Lunchtime for chips cooked in dripping from a coal fired fryer.

My mum always cooked our chips in dripping when we were growing up no oils then and boy they tasted good and I now do the same once a week, everything in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    My sentiments exactly, as for the high priced margerine which is supposed to help lower cholesterol a friend of mine was told by her Dr she was wasting her money. I've stuck to my butter, lard and dripping and a chip shop not far from me has them queing up every Friday night and Saturday Lunchtime for chips cooked in dripping from a coal fired fryer.

My mum always cooked our chips in dripping when we were growing up no oils then and boy they tasted good and I now do the same once a week, everything in moderation.
    And i have exactly the same in my fridge, 3 lots of home made dripping off my meat. two packs of lard and two packs of lurpak

Do you all remember the 180 degree turn on coffee and tea? For years, my doctors kept telling me I was going to die young because I drank so much coffee (over eight cups a day). I remembered all the old Swede farmers where I grew up (including my grandparents) who drank that much or more and lived very long lives with few health problems. So I ignored the doctors. About ten years ago someone actually did some research and discovered that coffee and tea contain lots of antioxidants and . . . they're good for us.

Talking Re: Butter is now good for you...

[QUOTE=TiasTreasures;1642130]Do you all remember the 180 degree turn on coffee and tea? For years, my doctors kept telling me I was going to die young because I drank so much coffee (over eight cups a day). I remembered all the old Swede farmers where I grew up (including my grandparents) who drank that much or more and lived very long lives with few health problems. So I ignored the doctors. About ten years ago someone actually did some research and discovered that coffee and tea contain lots of antioxidants and . . . they're good for us. [/QUOTIGHT-ON, TIA!

RIGHT-ON, TIA! margarine and soybean (aka:"vegetable") oil are both carcenogenic.

I drink about a pot of coffee every day, eat butter instead of nasty margarine or soybean oils passed off today as, "vegetable" oils! Those two are carcinogenic if time, and butter may/may not clog arteries; but I pick butter because it is not as harmful, unless we eat too much and get pudgy.

Anyway; God is in control. We can neither extend our lives or cut them short without His Will.

AH... tomorrow: Panera Asiago Bagel Date with Hubby, with yep! COFFEE and BUTTER (or maybe some yummy cream cheese...) ..... good. Very good. 58 years later, I am still here. If I don't post here for a while, God made His decision.

A toast to all! (or a Bagel to all!).... hee hee.

Thread Information