eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Dissatisfied buyer would like a refund

Forum Newbie
    View dacythco's Feedback (+1)
    All-About dacythco
    View dacythco's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Dissatisfied buyer would like a refund

I purchased a pair of RayBan Wayfarers on 1/26/15. Paid with PayPal and received the glasses 4 days later. I examined the glasses carefully and determined they are not genuine Wayfarers. The seller emphasizes that his products are genuine and guarantees complete satisfaction in his auction posting. He also says he accepts returns within 14 days of receipt of the item. I sent an email directly to the address listed in his profile informing him of my dissatisfaction and included photos of the glasses showing why I'm not satisfied. I also sent a message using the After Sale Log on ebid. I would like the seller to acknowledge my complaints and confirm the return address before sending the glasses back. I emailed him on 2/1 but so far have not received a reply (3 days). How should I proceed?

Thank you

Default Re: Dissatisfied buyer would like a refund

I would give them a couple more days and if you still get no reply then start a Paypal dispute item not as described. Also if you have proof they are not genuine then report it to support@ebid.net sending them the photos and let them deal with the situation.
    I'm sorry you had this experience, fakes are frowned upon here as much as any other site.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 4th February 2015 at 10:03 PM.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good advice cornish!

Forum Newbie
    View dacythco's Feedback (+1)
    All-About dacythco
    View dacythco's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you for the information!

My pleasure, I hope you get it sorted.

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dacythco View Post
    I purchased a pair of RayBan Wayfarers on 1/26/15. Paid with PayPal and received the glasses 4 days later. I examined the glasses carefully and determined they are not genuine Wayfarers. The seller emphasizes that his products are genuine and guarantees complete satisfaction in his auction posting. He also says he accepts returns within 14 days of receipt of the item. I sent an email directly to the address listed in his profile informing him of my dissatisfaction and included photos of the glasses showing why I'm not satisfied. I also sent a message using the After Sale Log on ebid. I would like the seller to acknowledge my complaints and confirm the return address before sending the glasses back. I emailed him on 2/1 but so far have not received a reply (3 days). How should I proceed?

Thank you
    You'd need to check this as I'm going by my memory of similar advice elsewhere.
    I *think* if you can have the sun glasses officially certified in writing as fake,either via Trading Standards or RayBan, then open a Paypal not as described case, upload a photo/copy of the certificate the seller will be forced to refund in full without you having to return the sun glasses. By that route if they are fake you won't have them anyway, Trading Standards or RayBan will keep and destroy them.

If you just open a Paypal not as described case, you'll need a tracking number as proof of attempted delivery. So you wlll need to return them tracked, I believe at your expense.

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by emmily121 View Post
    You'd need to check this as I'm going by my memory of similar advice elsewhere.
    I *think* if you can have the sun glasses officially certified in writing as fake,either via Trading Standards or RayBan, then open a Paypal not as described case, upload a photo/copy of the certificate the seller will be forced to refund in full without you having to return the sun glasses. By that route if they are fake you won't have them anyway, Trading Standards or RayBan will keep and destroy them.
    This is the better course of action. It is illegal to post goods known to be fake and this applies in either direction. Follow emmily's advice and leave it to others to state that they are counterfeit.

Thread Information