eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USA Sellers: Who sells Internationally or USA only?

Default Re: USA Sellers: Who sells Internationally or USA only?

Thank you, youmeus! (I like your username!)

Continued success!

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Addygirl.
    Happy to read your thread.
    Regarding overseas sales, we have been doing our lures for 27 years. Mostly selling to retailers on the east coast.
    Recently, I have eliminated about 2/3rds of our line, mainly because it's time.
    We have never shipped overseas, mainly because most of our material is ( was ) very heavy.
    I have sent some items to people across the seas, free of charge, not even postage.
    I've always enjoyed hearing results from them. Always great, naturally.
    We have had shipments of up to 70 lbs, and most a lot less, I just didn't need the hassel of overseas shipping.
    Another reason was, we had purchased eyes for our lures from a company in Tokyo, Japan.
    My last order was for 20,000 pieces, it all came in one box by what they call sea shipping.
    When I received the box I knew something wasn't right.
    It looked ok but should have been heavier, well some one during shipment removed 50% of the contents, re wrapped .and sent it on it's way..
    Anyway we took the loss, nothing really to do about it, even after meeting with our local postmaster.
    Since what we are doing now weighs very little I may consider overseas, however, doesn't look as if I'll need the sales..

Wow! Sorry to hear that, JimmyCee! I guess it's all a gamble: it seems to work well for most with little to no losses, but that must've been quite a hit!

I don't think I'm in that category yet, if ever. My items presently aren't something I view as overseas demand. For others, or in my future, as I am planning handmade items for the near future, perhaps. Thanks for telling you story! Good luck!!!

Thread Information