eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic ebay importer would make a huge difference to me..

North Adams, Massachusetts, United States
    View Syncpedia's Feedback (+348)
    All-About Syncpedia
    View Syncpedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Automatic ebay importer would make a huge difference to me..

I really think instead of putting money into advertising, which many people suggest - that instead they should develop a php auto auction importer from ebay listings, similair to what ioffer and shopify have produced.

I know there is a ninja lister software but it requires more time to use.

I'm with ebid in spirit but I just don't have time resources right now, i'm already too busy trying to populate my own website and ebay store..
    I will probably manually list some of my best sellers at some point.

But anyways with shopify (which is a store hosting service), they literally just ask you your ebay credentials and then auto imports the auctions and categories to your store - it takes less than 1 minute.

If ebid had that functionality, all ebay sellers could instantly populate their ebid stores and would require little extra time investment.. and hence they would also not be disappointed with less sales since it would require little effort to get started.

Maybe ebid could also only offer it to seller+ accounts to give an incentive to be a commited seller as well, as a sales tool.
    Last edited by Syncpedia; 7th November 2014 at 10:55 PM.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Automatic ebay importer would make a huge difference to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Syncpedia View Post
    I really think instead of putting money into advertising, which many people suggest - that instead they should develop a php auto auction importer from ebay listings, similair to what ioffer and shopify have produced.

I know there is a ninja lister software but it requires more time to use.

I'm with ebid in spirit but I just don't have time resources right now, i'm already too busy trying to populate my own website and ebay store..
    I will probably manually list some of my best sellers at some point.

But anyways with shopify (which is a store hosting service), they literally just ask you your ebay credentials and then auto imports the auctions and categories to your store - it takes less than 1 minute.

If ebid had that functionality, all ebay sellers could instantly populate their ebid stores and would require little extra time investment.. and hence they would also not be disappointed with less sales since it would require little effort to get started.
    As you haven't tried importing your listings how would you know this?

Here's a help file from Astral in case you are having trouble importing
    http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...idkb.htm#a0055
    Last edited by Gill; 7th November 2014 at 11:04 PM.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

All-About Syncpedia
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    As you haven't tried importing your listings how would you know this?
    Well, iv'e read up on using the ninja lister.. and it looks like it's more involved then just pressing a button.
    You have to download a spreadsheet file from ebay and then modify it to be ready for ebid by making manual adjustments.
    Yes, I could do it, and it probably isn't the worst thing in the world - but i'm already busy doing something similair with my own woocommerce store and the extra effort makes it not a priority right now.
    Hence my suggestion.. but correct me if i'm wrong.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syncpedia View Post
    Well, iv'e read up on using the ninja lister.. and it looks like it's more involved then just pressing a button.
    You have to download a spreadsheet file from ebay and then modify it to be ready for ebid by making manual adjustments.
    Yes, I could do it, and it probably isn't the worst thing in the world - but i'm already busy doing something similair with my own woocommerce store and the extra effort makes it not a priority right now.
    Hence my suggestion.. but correct me if i'm wrong.
    No, you don't download a spreadsheet, you download Ninja Lister which takes seconds to do. BEFORE you download NL ensure you download Adobe Air first.

Attachment 47409

Here's the link again from Astral's Knowledge Base to help in importing listings. http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...idkb.htm#a0055
    Last edited by Gill; 7th November 2014 at 11:11 PM.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many sellers' bay listings are not suitable for direct import, containing links back into eBay, references to eBay features, include things allowed on eBay but not allowed on eBid, etc.

Importing via the Ninja Lister gives the seller the chance to tailor their listings to eBid and make them conform to eBid requirements. I say 'chance' as, sadly, many are too lazy to avail themselves of the opportunity and still submit non-compliant listings - then moan when they get taken off.

If you lack the 'time' to do a proper job then maybe it's better left until you do have the time.

All-About Syncpedia
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Many sellers' bay listings are not suitable for direct import, containing links back into eBay, references to eBay features, include things allowed on eBay but not allowed on eBid, etc.

If you lack the 'time' to do a proper job then maybe it's better left until you do have the time.
    Well I specifically try to write my listings to be cross platform compatible - so an auto importer tool would work fine for me..
    And I don't do anything unless i'm sure it's going to be right.. hence the reason i'm postponing & the reason for my sugestion.

All-About Syncpedia
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    No, you don't download a spreadsheet, you download Ninja Lister which takes seconds to do. BEFORE you download NL ensure you download Adobe Air first.

Attachment 47409

Here's the link again from Astral's Knowledge Base to help in importing listings. http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...idkb.htm#a0055
    Thanks for the tips.. Well I'll have to look into the ninja lister more. Perhaps it's easier than I thought. I would be thrilled to be wrong ...
    As i said, i'm with ebid in spirit - frankly it would be easier for me to support certain other third party marketplaces right now but I like ebid the most.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have been given advice, not 'tips' for listing/selling on eBid and there's lot's more advice if you do the research rather than stating "it would be easier for you to support certain other third party marketplaces".

So, please stop trying to run, before you can walk on eBid and do the research for the info required BEFORE suggesting eBid becomes like other auction sites - some of which haven't lasted.

All-About Syncpedia
    Forum Posts

Look - I get that you guys don't like my suggestion.. but this forum is labeled "Website Suggestions
    Tell us what additional features you would like to see on eBid"
    and I did just that. It's up to ebid to decide if they don't like my ideas.. or not..
    Even if the ninja software is great they could still benefit from an importer php tool if they have the resources to create one, so I don't see the problem with the suggestion.

And I don't really see any difference between the word tip and advice..
    Last edited by Syncpedia; 8th November 2014 at 03:23 AM.

Good job, looks as if he pulled all his listings.

Thread Information