Thread: hope her parents are really proud

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: hope her parents are really proud

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I have no issue with someone killing what they are going to eat; that is nature's food chain. We nearly all do it, just most of us get someone else to do the actual killing for us. Arguable if it is better to have a life in the wild and end up on a plate or to live your whole life in captivity and end up the same way.

Culling for conservation reasons can also be justified, but using a 14 year old girl to do it and taking such obvious delight in the killing does not seem like conservation to me.

I don't understand those who take pleasure from killing or inflicting suffering for fun (often claiming it is 'sport'). They do exist though but we are not allowed to cull them to enhance (conserve) our species.
    exactly mel
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10052)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Agree 110%. Unfortunately, there's a huge gun nutter faction here in the U.S., wish we could hunt them for sport and see how they like it...

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    What an excellent idea!!!

These nutters are not confined to the USA. We in UK have idiots who think it is a good idea to chase foxes and other animals to exhaustion with dogs which then rip them apart.
    We also have others who rear pheasantsand release them so they can be shot. OK, you might say but these people also feel the need to kill protected birds of prey who might take a few of these specially reared birds. Unbelievable.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's so much prettier at McDonalds
    Name:  SuperStock_1663R-22932.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  129.1 KB
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not able to view the link pics but read the text. What some view as cruelty others view as sport. Not personally interested in sports or hunting. Although I used to love to fish, and I always cleaned and cooked my own fish.Seems the hunter instinct is prevalant in USA, UK, and other places throughout the world. Do not recall any links, videos, or pics posted to forums about fox chases, pheasant hunts, or the likes.Also, all who own guns do not hunt, nor are they all nutters. Many who own guns do so as their right to bare arms.What does this particular 19 year old womans hunter prowess have to do with slavery or colonialism or am I missing the point. As for Mickee D, I am clueless.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    What an excellent idea!!!

These nutters are not confined to the USA. We in UK have idiots who think it is a good idea to chase foxes and other animals to exhaustion with dogs which then rip them apart.
    We also have others who rear pheasantsand release them so they can be shot. OK, you might say but these people also feel the need to kill protected birds of prey who might take a few of these specially reared birds. Unbelievable.
    Wow, that shooting protected species business is really nutty and here I thought we had a monopoly on that. I stand corrected...

I believe unless you're raising animals for food or killing them to use the meat, skin, etc., (as the Native Americans did) that hunting is just plain wrong. Of course I also believe in gun control, which I'm fully aware puts me in a minority on this side of the pond, but when I see the tragedies that can result from lack of gun control laws, (tragedies I don't see occurring on a semi-regular basis in the UK or other countries with such laws), I question how anyone could feel differently.

Just my 2 cents...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Many who own guns do so as their right to bare arms.
    Couldn't they just wear a T-shirt?

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Not able to view the link pics but read the text. What some view as cruelty others view as sport. Not personally interested in sports or hunting. Although I used to love to fish, and I always cleaned and cooked my own fish.Seems the hunter instinct is prevalant in USA, UK, and other places throughout the world. Do not recall any links, videos, or pics posted to forums about fox chases, pheasant hunts, or the likes.Also, all who own guns do not hunt, nor are they all nutters. Many who own guns do so as their right to bare arms.What does this particular 19 year old womans hunter prowess have to do with slavery or colonialism or am I missing the point. As for Mickee D, I am clueless.
    I think the point was that attitudes change (in some places), and what was considered ok once isn't any more.

I also think that colonialism wasn't all bad.
    Was it bad for Australia and New Zealand? And who would argue that life in parts of Africa is now better for the people who live there?

Colonialism doesn't necessarily equate with exploitation.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also do not hold with hunting animals for sport.

This thread as moved on to guns, whilst I do not see why a private person should hold a gun, can I just point out that in the original picture she has a bow and arrows.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+518)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Being an animal lover I've looked closely at those pics and I believe they are 'staged' for the final photographs by using a tranquiliser dart. I believe these darts will immobilise a wild animal long enough to take a so called, 'aren't I clever' type pic.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Couldn't they just wear a T-shirt?
    Well said! If they are not smart enough to spell it they are not smart enough to do it!

Thread Information