My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Size and Colour Selection Options

Thumbs up Size and Colour Selection Options

Please, Please, Please can you add size and colour options.
    Having to list everything in singular items is sooooo time consuming.
    The best thing I have been able to come up with is to leave a "reminder"
    note in the product description, to leave size required in the PayPal
    message box, but not everyone picks up on it, and my customers
    are constantly messaging me about how to say what size they require.

Please, Please, Please.

Thankyou :-)

Debra Fitzgerald

Default Re: Size and Colour Selection Options

We are hoping its on the to do list http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...ith-flowers-on

:-)
    Our general listings page - anything that you may have seen elsewhere, that is not yet listed, happy to set up the listing :-)
    ✓Over *600 listings*

Shops under construction...
    Send a Sixpence - for almost any occasion...
    Something for the Season - Many unique gifts for all seasons, Bonfire Night to Thanksgiving...
    Post a Penny - for almost any occasion...
    YDC listings... here

Hi dressesanddresses, I'm sad that you didn't get a reply from support regarding your request.
    (Or maybe you did and we haven't yet heard back ?)

This is an issue that needs to be addressed - and quickly too.
    Lots of big time sellers from other auction sites are looking at eBid as an alternative selling venue.

When big sellers realise there is no option to list their goods in colour, size, etc. they are unwilling or don't have the time/patience to list each item individually, and rightly so.

I tried to get two big sellers over here to eBid - they declined my invitation - I got met with "Are you joking?" and "Do these guys run this site from a shed in the garden?"

I do hope that soon this major issue will be on the "to do" list .... instead of the minor tweaks that have been announced lately.
    Seems like we are flogging a dead horse at times...
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

When I first tried to list a few things on TOS they did not have multi listings ... but sill many many users ... they then brought it in and it cost a £1 or more to use!!

The problems is all the programmers I have spoken to have said about the complexity of it :-(

We can but hope it is on the to do list OR is currently being developed :-)
    Our general listings page - anything that you may have seen elsewhere, that is not yet listed, happy to set up the listing :-)
    ✓Over *600 listings*

Something for the Season - Many unique gifts for all seasons, Bonfire Night to Thanksgiving...
    YDC listings... here

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    ... I got met with "Are you joking?" and "Do these guys run this site from a shed in the garden?"
    Yes, they do!

That's why the fees are low.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by EmpHolisticGifts View Post
    The problems is all the programmers I have spoken to have said about the complexity of it :-(
    Not really. It's more than a morning's work, for sure. But with all that Gazza's achieved in the past It's well within his capability.

Obviously I've not done any analysis on it, but my gut feel would be that it might take a week or two of development. So it really depends on where it is on the "to do" list, or indeed whether it gets onto the "to do" list.

EmpHo: clearly you're speaking to naff programmers if they're moaning about the complexity of it. Don't hire them!

Seriously, it's a well known fact in the IT industry that developer productivity can vary by more than 2 orders of magnitude. So if you sack someone who's rubbish and the replacement is a star performer you may get over 100 times more work done. Even jobbing builders don't vary that much.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

I actually know some VERY GOOD programmers ... it will ultimately depend on how this is all coded, set up, language, structure and so on ;-) I know a bit too (just avoid it like the plague!). Some things are set up that such additions would not cause too much of a headache others it would be a compete nightmare :-S

If it was only a mornings work I am sure it would have been done as soon as it was first raised. It keeps the number of listings needed down, neater, people trying to find things easier and it MUST therefore save money by needing less storage space etc ;-)

I could waffle more but its a glorious sunday evening and I wish I could be elsewhere doing other things, sigh ;-) and I hope others are :-)
    ✓Over *600 listings*

YDC listings... here

Thread Information