eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another lost customer... ebid is a joke!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Another lost customer... ebid is a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by garyterence01 View Post
    The saga on this potential order continues.... I just received this message...can anyone explain it?

"They only take 1 € I don’t know why

EBID LTD BYFLEET 30-05 02-06 -1,00

tancar
    Oficina:
    Primer titular:
    ALBERT BELLAVISTA NADAL
    Concepte:
    COMPRA AMB TARGETA
    Detall:
    EBID LTD BYFLEET"
    That looks like the 1.00 that eBid 'charges' for verification, but the member doesn't actually get charged for anything, it is just a system to verify that any credit/debit cards are valid.

Thanks Jan..obviously the new customer does not understand this ...I will send him an explanation email.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

That was my experience of verifying my credit card - ebid 'charged' me $1 (to make sure my card was valid and working) but I wasn't actually charged anything. That is why I have the symbol next to my member name.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sure would like to know where the 'cut off' point is, financially, when purchasing multiple items when eBid blocks newbies and requests extra verification.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do not think there is an actual official cut off point. I had this happen with some of my buyers who bought only 1 item, and not all that expensive. Do not consider a $50 to $60 item that costly. Some sellers have not had this happen, even with multiple sales or high cost items. It would be nice to hear those official points from eBid. I do not mail item until payment clears, so not much risk. But there is risk involved in any transaction; seller should be able to decide which buyer to risk transaction.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I myself have not experienced any of my customers being asked for additional verification on who they are etc. I have one regular customer whom purchases £150+ of action figures at once from time to time as well and he has never mentioned anything to me about any verifications. In all fairness though, the first time he bought from me he only purchased the two action figures which sellers we're asking silly money for on eBay (£30+ for the one figure in most instances), then he probably only bought like £100 worth of figures after that, then he put in all the large orders on a regular basis so maybe the fact that he had bought a small amount first helped avoid him getting the verification process on him. Average orders I receive from customers tend to be just for the one, two, or handful of action figures, collectors however tend to spend a good £50+ per time they shop with me on average especially as I'm cheaper than most on eBay selling the same thing.

With regards to original thread poster, you need to explain that eBid has an automated system that when a newly registered buyer bids on x amount of auctions or uses buy now on x amount of items so quickly after registering it does alert the system to being a potential scam and the buyer is then requested to provide certain information for checks. Just explain this is to keep both buyers and sellers in a safe environment.

Be good to also explain to him that the 1.00 euro charge is just for verification purposes to check the bank/card and he doesn't actually pay the 1.00 euro either I don't think. When you sign up to PayPal you verify your account in the same way too, something else you can point out to him to give him the comparison on the safety checks.

Try and explain to him that he is not being singled out or anything, he just happened to put in a large purchase so quickly after registering and it tripped the system for checks on the buyer...
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    I myself have not experienced any of my customers being asked for additional verification on who they are etc. I have one regular customer whom purchases £150+ of action figures at once from time to time as well and he has never mentioned anything to me about any verifications. In all fairness though, the first time he bought from me he only purchased the two action figures which sellers we're asking silly money for on eBay (£30+ for the one figure in most instances), then he probably only bought like £100 worth of figures after that, then he put in all the large orders on a regular basis so maybe the fact that he had bought a small amount first helped avoid him getting the verification process on him. Average orders I receive from customers tend to be just for the one, two, or handful of action figures, collectors however tend to spend a good £50+ per time they shop with me on average especially as I'm cheaper than most on eBay selling the same thing.

With regards to original thread poster, you need to explain that eBid has an automated system that when a newly registered buyer bids on x amount of auctions or uses buy now on x amount of items so quickly after registering it does alert the system to being a potential scam and the buyer is then requested to provide certain information for checks. Just explain this is to keep both buyers and sellers in a safe environment.

Be good to also explain to him that the 1.00 euro charge is just for verification purposes to check the bank/card and he doesn't actually pay the 1.00 euro either I don't think. When you sign up to PayPal you verify your account in the same way too, something else you can point out to him to give him the comparison on the safety checks.

Try and explain to him that he is not being singled out or anything, he just happened to put in a large purchase so quickly after registering and it tripped the system for checks on the buyer...
    I understand now how the system works....but why should I have to spend lots of time trying to calm potential customers?...as I have said all along the system is flawed... I have now sent about 8 emails to this person and still no guarantee of a sale from him

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I do not think there is an actual official cut off point. I had this happen with some of my buyers who bought only 1 item, and not all that expensive. Do not consider a $50 to $60 item that costly. Some sellers have not had this happen, even with multiple sales or high cost items. It would be nice to hear those official points from eBid. I do not mail item until payment clears, so not much risk. But there is risk involved in any transaction; seller should be able to decide which buyer to risk transaction.

I agree completely with your last statement... no matter where you sell there is risk involved... the seller needs to manage the risk. the site is trying to do this for us but I don't see it as being successful!

Nothing is perfect it took us THREE months to become paypal verified as whatever went easily for others kept falling down with us!
    We were not happy but just had to go in circles until paypal did what they were supposed to etc :-(
    Paypal put a couple of low payments into your account eg 10p 12p and you need to see what went in, and contact them and all should match up.
    Paypal claim 24 hours payments will be there in 24 hours of request ... 24 hours not there, contacted - oh can take 7 days, kept an eye on it ... nothing fobbed off ... contacted again and so on until finally the payments arrived!!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garyterence01 View Post
    The saga on this potential order continues.... I just received this message...can anyone explain it?

"They only take 1 € I don’t know why

EBID LTD BYFLEET 30-05 02-06 -1,00

tancar
    Oficina:
    Primer titular:
    ALBERT BELLAVISTA NADAL
    Concepte:
    COMPRA AMB TARGETA
    Detall:
    EBID LTD BYFLEET"
    Sounds like your buyer upgraded their account from BUYER to SELLER. The €1 is a verification amount, some banks show it on statements but it will not be debited.

When we introduce "Require Immediate Payment" it will help this problem as BuyNow purchases made by brand new users, as was the case in this example, will not be actually processed until a payment is made allowing new users to buy as many items as they wish to as long as they make payment.

Gazza
    Last edited by gazza; 2nd June 2014 at 10:42 AM.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information