Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can we please get off the subject of Tony...

Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View tripledragon's Feedback (+12)
    All-About tripledragon
    View tripledragon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Can we please get off the subject of Tony...

I can't respond to the original post as it is now closed. :-(

I do understand that many people don't do media stuff like facebook and twitter but that is not what these forums, or it's users are about.

Tony offering a friend request is nothing more than a welcome gesture, and that was the point I was trying to make.

My post was taken the wrong way, for that I can only apologise again for the wording of my post.

I would not have made that post in the first place had it not been for the fact that 'you' went all 'Facebooky' by publicly stating 'no offence Tony but I don't want to be your friend'.. You could have just politely, and privately declined.

My intent is not to offend but please take my comments on board.

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can we please get off the subject of Tony...

Jeez, what does it take to get a subject dropped here...

If you're going to quote me, then please use the full sentence and not quote out of context...the full sentence was in fact

"I've already had a friend request, tony if you're reading this I don't want to appear rude by denying your request, I am however going to ignore it, I'm just finding my feet here."

I don't use Facebook, other than to claim free Baileys samples, so I wouldn't know how to post in a Facebooky way.

After my first posting on this site I received a friends invite from a strange man, (now I know) I wrongly assumed this was a stalker, my public message was to warn off what I thought was a stalker.

If Tony is this nice guy you're all saying he is, do you really think he'd want to you all to keep hassling me like this...

View pastime's Feedback (+198)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi
    tripledragon:
    every posting that you have sent has been positive, friendly and full of commonsense - it's lovely to see someone so ready to embrace all the positives that are here on eBid and we are all grateful for that.
    Emmily: sorry that you've got caught up in a cul-de-sac that was never intended, only we all get to know each other and get very fond of all on the forum.
    Your original question was: common errors made by newbies.
    In the short time that I've been here, it would seem to be newbies that don't read through the help section properly and then send posts asking the most obvious of questions. Although the help on here is second to none, a fatigue sets in for the most helpful of eBidders when newbies haven't bothered to read though the most basic of information.
    Good to have both of you on the forum - we all learn from each other and we look forward to more postings from you both.
    Best wishes.

All-About tripledragon
    Forum Posts

My original post in reply to you was intended to reassure you, that having been on these forums a short while, and coming over here, like yourself, from ebay, I was pleasantly surprised to find everyone so relaxed and friendly. No one needing to protect themselves behind posting id's and none of the suspicion and mistrust that I personally feel ebay has instilled in people.

I tried to bring a bit of light-hearted humour into that post and you misinterpreted it as me putting words in your mouth.

I did apologise, you might have missed that post.

When I logged in this evening and saw your posts:

"Can we please get off the subject of Tony..."

and...

"No idea if this will work, I am attempting to close this thread. I started it for useful tips for new sellers, not for Tony's fan club..."

I was a little offended, but of course I could not reply as you had closed the post.

I could post this comment and close the post, but I don't think that would help.

I am not trying to hassle you, I would ask you to read through my posts again and perhaps see things from another perspective.

My point was, and still is, that no harm came to you from a simple friend request, and if you were wary of it then you could have declined, no need to put doubt in other people's minds about the nature of fellow forum members actions, I think every man and his cat knew which Tony you were talking about as no doubt many if not most of us have been welcomed to the forums in the same way. But newcomers to the forum would not, and could be left with a bad impression. I wish you had taken my original post in the spirit that it was intended.

I really hope I don't have to make this last sentence a part of my signature but here goes..

"My intent is not to offend but please take my comments on board."

My intent is not to harass either, but if I feel my posts have been taken completely out of context then I will stand up for myself.

Sincerely, Anne.

All-About tripledragon
    Forum Posts

Thank you Pastime, I try to be positive and friendly but somehow never got the hang of the commonsense bit, I think it is because I am Welsh :-)

Thread Information