Thread: Google Shopping

Forum Newbie
    Wimbledon, Greater London, United Kingdom
    All-About ihsfatyum
    View ihsfatyum's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Google Shopping

Hi,

I'm completely new to this site and so far liking it quite alot. I listed some items for sale and made sure they were BuyNow and the brand was specified. I checked now on google shopping and I can't find them. Is there something I'm doing wrong? How long do I have to wait before I see them on google shopping.

Please help

Thanks

Default Re: Google Shopping

Hello

It takes about a day to appear - eBid do a bulk upload of newly listed (eligible) items once a day as far as I am aware. As your items have only been listed today they would be part of the next upload (if eligible).

But your items do not have the Brand and barcode/UPC information detailed, when initially listing the information needs to be put in the correct boxes, as per the picture below:

Name:  barcode.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  10.6 KB

Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View tripledragon's Feedback (+12)
    All-About tripledragon
    View tripledragon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face Re: Google Shopping

I am really impressed as I listed a few new items yesterday, just did a search on google for a red dragon weathervane and my ebid listing is top right of the page as a sponsored ad. I am not sure if I have managed to upload a screen shot to show it but I have tried.

As the previous poster suggested I put EXEMPT in the barcode box and the manufacturer in the brand box. It definately works.

Anne :-)

p.s. sorry, does anyone know how I can resize the screenshot, I seem to have messed up the screen..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by tripledragon; 4th April 2014 at 10:21 AM.

Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View tripledragon's Feedback (+12)
    All-About tripledragon
    View tripledragon's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's okay, I fixed it..

Forum Newbie
    Wimbledon, Greater London, United Kingdom
    All-About ihsfatyum
    View ihsfatyum's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for your advice. I had just put the brand and left the barcode box empty. When I filled in both it worked and I can now see my listing in google shopping. Thank you very much for your advice.

If I may add...

I would almost bet browser ad-blocking software may prevent some listings from showing up. I use ad-blocking software in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer so I have to disable it in one browser to confirm. Looking at the screen shot tripledragon provided, hit does not look like he or she uses ad-blocking software. I will do some testing and respond back.

...stupid question...

Does one have to have a Google+ account AND be logged into it to see Google Shopping results?

Quote Originally Posted by GiftCardsRUs View Post
    If I may add...

I would almost bet browser ad-blocking software may prevent some listings from showing up. I use ad-blocking software in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer so I have to disable it in one browser to confirm. Looking at the screen shot tripledragon provided, hit does not look like he or she uses ad-blocking software. I will do some testing and respond back.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiftCardsRUs View Post
    ...stupid question...

Does one have to have a Google+ account AND be logged into it to see Google Shopping results?

Browser ad-blocking does not affect Google Shopping, not for the main Google Shopping section or for the details that you see in the screen shot on the Google organic search. Also worth noting that the organic search ads will consistently change.

You don't have to have a Google+ account to see Google Shopping.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tripledragon View Post
    I am really impressed as I listed a few new items yesterday, just did a search on google for a red dragon weathervane and my ebid listing is top right of the page as a sponsored ad. I am not sure if I have managed to upload a screen shot to show it but I have tried.

As the previous poster suggested I put EXEMPT in the barcode box and the manufacturer in the brand box. It definately works.

Anne :-)

p.s. sorry, does anyone know how I can resize the screenshot, I seem to have messed up the screen..
    That is impressive. Possibly those bold pictures made your listing stand out and get noticed and featured. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Browser ad-blocking does not affect Google Shopping, not for the main Google Shopping section or for the details that you see in the screen shot on the Google organic search. Also worth noting that the organic search ads will consistently change.

You don't have to have a Google+ account to see Google Shopping.

I made sure each one of my listings has EXEMPT in the BarCode section (unless one is available) and the manufacturer in the Brand section. My results are very interesting. So far, pretty much every single one of my listings appears within Google Shopping. Some in the more common category, like cargo shorts, are as high as 3rd or 4th. However, most if not all, of my listings do not show up under separate Ads when doing basic Google searches. Most will appear in the search results but only a couple appeared as Ads on the right side of the page. Just to be safe, I made sure I disabled all ad-blocking functionality.

It has only been a few hours since I added the exemption tags so I will check back tomorrow to confirm some more results. I can say this, having my listing side-by-side with other comparable listings across multiple sites really shows you whether or not you priced your item too high. All in all, I am very impressed.

Thread Information