eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buyer's revenge

Default Re: Buyer's revenge for online rip off

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    While I am as irritated as the next person with some of the eBid censorship of the forums, the freedom of speech complaints remind me of when I was teaching.

Children often produced the same argument. My answer was that this was a classroom and rules applied. In this case, eBid pays for the forums and they make the rules.
    The big difference is that in the classroom I'm pretty sure you'll have told the kids what the rules actually were.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

the forum rules must be vague.
    if threads are deleted and some of us dont know why.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    the forum rules must be vague.
    if threads are deleted and some of us dont know why.
    Oh I'm pretty sure we all know why it just appears Admin is getting rather touchy about ANY "negative towards eBid" comments. This is in the rules.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    The big difference is that in the classroom I'm pretty sure you'll have told the kids what the rules actually were.
    much the same as eBid's management - what I said went!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    much the same as eBid's management - what I said went!
    And 'went' they did!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Oh I'm pretty sure we all know why it just appears Admin is getting rather touchy about ANY "negative towards eBid" comments. This is in the rules.
    And quite right too. I, for one, am getting fed up with those who consistently post negative opinions of eBid, often with little or no justification.
    There are some who come up with almost identical posts in reply to any thread which refers to lack of sales. This constant negativity cannot be good for eBid and for those happy to sell here. It almost makes me wonder if they are not stooges acting in the interests of eBid's competitors.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    And quite right too. I, for one, am getting fed up with those who consistently post negative opinions of eBid, often with little or no justification.
    There are some who come up with almost identical posts in reply to any thread which refers to lack of sales. This constant negativity cannot be good for eBid and for those happy to sell here. It almost makes me wonder if they are not stooges acting in the interests of eBid's competitors.
    I agree negative posts are not good for a site. If sellers are having problems selling I see no reason why they can't post their experience. Hopefully if a true problem with what the seller is doing or with the site itself the solution may come out within the thread. To delete an entire thread because it becomes negative doesn't really help anybody. As we all know a new similar thread will just start up again.
    In regards to the "non sales" type of threads. I do not feel the eBid cheerleading responders take into account the thread starter may not be selling the same type of items as others who have had success here and are looking for explanations as to how they can get their listed items to sell as successful seller's items do.
    Yes, yes, yes the typical "if you list more you will sell more" comment really has to go. Whenever I see that I just think: Duh, really. Kind of obvious isn't it?
    I used to see comments of "don't use all CAPS in your title, it turns people off". Then I noticed the percentage of sold items with all CAPS in the titles. So that decade long piece of advice is not valid but when this gets mentioned on a thread, thread gets pulled.
    One of the recently pulled threads brought up a point about profit. Although sellers are selling no one is sure of the profit margins. One of the successful sellers exposed his normal profit margins here in the forums. It made sense this seller was selling. Items were extremely cheap (inexpensive). Most of the research I have done on sold items here reveal low sell prices which would equal low profit. Some say I don't know what the seller paid for the item and they are correct but I used to buy truckloads of misc items for resale so I can come pretty close to an educated guess as to cost.
    What folks don't take into consideration is their own time. Hunting out all these collectibles/treasures, sorting through them to categorize, researching the value and of course taking pictures and creating a listing also takes time. All this for a sell price of $2.00 just to be able to say "I sell on line". If this is what folks want and do as a hobby then it is very much worthwhile. The posts in the forums about lack of sales I don't believe come from hobbyists but folks who want to make a living or at least supplement their income.
    I see folks thrashing Julie for only listing one item (3 different ways) and I think to myself, so what! Julie wants to sell her coffee cup holders (Adkaf I believe they are called) and members tell her to list more!!! Why should she list more? She has thousands of these things that once the forum regulars have bought them sales dried up. She has no competition with her item yet "Google or eBid" isn't bringing in the buyers for this one of a kind item.
    I only of 1 item (3 cymbals) with 2 more going to be listed soon. I had 4 cymbals sold one bought 2 more so I'll have 5 listed. This is the extent of my eBid growth since 2010.
    The sellers here mostly the UK sellers promote and do everything they possibly can to make eBid work for them, what has eBid done for them to obtain visitors? All they offer is the platform period.
    Negative can't sell comments should be answered with...treat eBid like your own website sell yourself!!

Thread Information