Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Don't you just hate when that happens

View selkab's Feedback (+1297)
    All-About selkab
    View selkab's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Don't you just hate when that happens

Three weeks ago, on the 6th, I get a PM Facebook message from a close friend saying that there is a lady on the local Facebook buy and sell looking for vintage sewing patterns of which I have a few.

So I message the lady and send her links to my eBid listings of vintage patterns and a link to join eBid as she is not a member. I also ask her to please purchase any patterns that she want via eBid and she can pay cash when she picks them up and that there will be no shipping charges.

The lady indicates that she is shopping for her granddaughter and will she will pass the links on to her.

Time passes

Then on Sunday (The 23rd) she messages me "Yes and I put a bid in but it said something about march before bids close?". All my sales at this time are BIN. So I message her back and ask her for the item number that she bid on. I had no sales from her according to eBid.

She messages back "Will check I was sure that is what I clicked buy now"

I message her back asking her to check her email for the sellers name and the item number.

She then says that she can't get back into eBid as she has forgotten her password.

Fast forward to last night when I get home from work and see a new message from her saying that she had got back in to eBid but noticed the pattern that she was interested in was too small and that there was no option to chose a bigger size (I sell one of a kind in most cases).

Then I check my emails and see that she had purchased the pattern anyways. so I message her again and she replies that she had purchased it before she realized that it was a small sized pattern.

Oh well, I messaged her back and told her that I would have to go through the procedure to get my FVF back and to please ignore any invoices that she gets over the next week or so.

If nothing else maybe we got a new member out of it.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Don't you just hate when that happens

I hate it when most things happen.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Don't you just hate when that happens

Sounds like it was a bit of a hassle for you, thankfully you seem to have the patience to navigate the waters with a newbie, kudos.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information