Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with Google analytics please

Default Re: help with Google analytics please

That happened to me as well marie, I tried to set analytics up on my husbands account and bulk edited the code into all the listings ( not many thank G ) at once and then had to remove it one at a time, are we using the wrong editor do you think in our main defaults?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    You are right Deano, I was on my tablet and I was looking at your listing.

I'm trying to set up Google Analytics too, but am still a little messed up. I tried to bulk edit that long string of html into the descriptions on one of my stores and just ended up with an add on jumble and so I closed the listings. I need to read the information more carefully.
    If the code was visible on the listings then it wasn't entered in on the html settings.....

So have a look at the bulk edit pic below:

Name:  codedhtml.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  47.3 KB

You will see that there are two ways to access the html - either by the html source button on the left or the drop down (easier to use the button).

Once you are in html on the bulk edit it will supply you with a short code of <br /> paste the analytics code after this.

It is better to do a couple of individual listings first to get comfortable with the process - and then on the bulk edit do sections at a time, just in case something goes wrong.

Buttons, I closed the ones that I bulk edited and now I've been adding the html to listings as I revise them, one by one. I have room in my description where that long string fits and then I have been changing the font colour to white so that it isn't visible.

Using bulk edit leaves a mess of html outside the bottom of the description ... the added by seller and then the html

From what I understand, I won't get any information until I manage to get the html on all my listings. If that's the case it will be months until I see any reports.

There is probably an easy way, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Buttons, I closed the ones that I bulk edited and now I've been adding the html to listings as I revise them, one by one. I have room in my description where that long string fits and then I have been changing the font colour to white so that it isn't visible.

Using bulk edit leaves a mess of html outside the bottom of the description ... the added by seller and then the html

From what I understand, I won't get any information until I manage to get the html on all my listings. If that's the case it will be months until I see any reports.

There is probably an easy way, but I haven't figured it out yet.
    if the code is visible on the listing it is not in the HTML. Changing to white will not alter that. I would do one listing and then check that it shows on the analytics so that you know it is correct.

can I also ask what is the difference to paste or paste as plain text in the copy and past sequence please.
    I can't believe i built two very big websites from scratch a few years back, i think my brain has brain block nowadays.

Yes, it was not a good idea to bulk edit as many as I did. After I did that I thought ... what a dummy I was for doing that. lol

I just tried a bulk edit on one listing and I think it worked. Don't know what I managed to do last time around.

Thanks for the help Buttons and Deano.

I't think I am helping anyone Marie, I now have a google analytics bar across the top of anything I veiw on ebid, its like a wide tool bar and I have to click exit on every page, what have i done now and how do i get it to stay off.

Just got Mikes ID set up and running, Thank you everyone, just need to get rid of this dard toolbar thingy, I think it is now only coming up when i edit something

Well, by golly, I think that I'm finally getting on to this. I'm bulk editing my listings in groups and everything seems to be working out OK.

Thanks again for the help.

Anybody else feel like they are regularly revising their listings? I seem to spend a lot of time revising as I learn some new thing. That's what it's all about ... learning.

Thread Information