Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Cold here annie, either that or it's me, I have a hat, scarf, thick cardigan and a hot water bottle, also the heating is on and I am still dithering. My heart goes out to you Meebo my mother could walk and used come bursting into my bedroom shouting at all hours.

Oh dear, poor Private Hurry and Private Meebo I think we all need a bit of festive cheer, won't be long now !

Got another batch of mince pies done last night but half got eaten by the gannets as soon as I took them out of the oven and before I could get them into the freezer ! I also got the dates stuffed with marzipan so I'm slowly getting organised. Have to hit the supermarket big time this afternoon. Not looking forward to it in the slightest !

New recruits :- 191

Member numbers :- 1,246,705

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Did it help keep you virtuous, buttons?

I've never made (almost spelled it maid..............what a natural slip!) mince pies before, but I love them, I got a big jar of mince and thought I'd try it. Will have to find a good gluten=free pie dough recipe. Are they hard to make? I'm guessing like a regular pie.....just make the crust, dump in the filling, and top or not. Bake. Eat.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post

I've never made (almost spelled it maid..............what a natural slip!) mince pies before, but I love them, I got a big jar of mince and thought I'd try it. Will have to find a good gluten=free pie dough recipe. Are they hard to make? I'm guessing like a regular pie.....just make the crust, dump in the filling, and top or not. Bake. Eat.
    Don't put too much filling in as it bursts out, just a t spoon and don't forget the brandy.

The less said about my mother the better..........I still get flash backs.....enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post

Yes they are easy to make Private Majesty (ma'am) just fiddly ! I always top mine. Don't overfill otherwise they will leak at the sides. I use an egg cup to press down the lids then brush with a little milk and sugar and don't forget to prick with a fork so they don't explode ... hum, now there's a thought for a new eBid army weapon !

I feel as though I have been in a fight, My arms and legs have just gone donk and feel like lead, I have had three sneezing fits.................I think I need a hot toddy and my bunk for a bit.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the tips!! I will have too press the edges with my own dainty hands, as there is no egg cup in this house. Maybe a shot glass would work. Or some other sort of small drinking glass.

Laughing, buttons!!
    Hit the bed first, then do the hot toddy. Makes getting into bed easier..............just ask the sarge.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hhhmmmmmm, home made mince pies
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Lurker
    Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View willothewisp's Feedback (+81)
    All-About willothewisp
    View willothewisp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Made my sweet mincemeat - so easy. Used whisky dregs from the fruit used for the xmas cake. Added dried fruit, cherries, nuts etc and left to soak for a couple of nights. Added mixed spice, Cinnamon, ginger and a few other things in the cupboard. Added brown sugar and suet - with a good mix. It can be stored like this but I prefer to put in the oven on a low heat for an hour, so the sugar and suet melts. There is no real recipe, just add what you like - there isnt even a time limit to cook it (I just waited until it smelt cooked). Though this year I think I have added a bit too much sugar.

To make your pies a little richer - mix soft cheese and icing to a heavy paste (add brandy etc if you want) - I prefer vanilla essence. Put on top of the mincemeat and close the pie.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Music to eat mince pies by..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1SPYxsdzo
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thread Information