eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for the ladies

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Question for the ladies

LOL, yes we are - the hot ladies of eBid. Maybe we should do a calendar for publicity.

Hugs,

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olliesitems View Post
    Hi Suesjools.....

BEER..... Drink lots of it and you won't care how you feel after a while.

Mind you..... I am a bloke after all.

Kindest Regards.....

Ollie.
    ICE with cubes Cold shower for hot flushes!

<I'm a bloke too! >

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+518)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a full hysterectomy when I was 31 Sues so I have been suffering with the same symptoms as you are going through for 25 years. I was on HRT for approximately one year - it's so long ago now I can't remember exactly. In the end I decided to let nature take its course as I am not one for tablet-taking.

Yes, I have suffered with bad sweats night and day for those 25 years but it was my preference to put up with it. I am now 56 and I can only say, the day/night sweats are lessening.

I sleep with the bedroom window open 365 days a year no matter what the weather so maybe that will help at night. If I get a flush during the day, when shopping for instance, I work through it as it only lasts 2/3 minutes - just ensure you always, but always carry tissues or, preferably, a large cotton hanky.

I hope this helps and good luck.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

I fully sympathise! I was recommended Black Cohosh tablets and Evening Primrose Oil... not sure if either worked or whether time was the healer, as they say. I still get them now in the night time, 11 years since it all started... not to depress you too much but I know someone who is still having terrible hot flushes 18 years later! It is all very much individual though, what will work for one person won't work for another.

Good luck, I hope you find something that will help. Don't we women have a lot to put up with!!

Vintage postcards bought and sold
    Established internet postcard trader since 2004
    and we now have an Ebid book store (mainly non fiction)

Our Stores: http://oldpostcards.ebid.net/
    http://books4sale.ebid.net/

All About Me: http://uk.ebid.net/users/OldPostcards

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Oh dear, and here I was hoping for a quick transition, hope you're over the suffering soon. My Mom never had hot flashes or night sweats, lucky her, but apparently I take after some other relative.

Took the sage tea last night before bed but still woke up ucky, am going to try black cohosh next. Keep my house at 62 degrees, so don't think it's a heating issue, (thankfully it's just me and Winston and since he used to be an outdoor doggy he's not phased a bit).

Need to quit smoking yet again, maybe this will help, fingers, toes and eyeballs crossed. Since I found the e cigs I think it will go better this time.

LOL Pink, thought those cold showers were for you guys.

BIG HUGS to all of us,

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

I tried black cohosh, but it didn't work for me. I know it works for lots of women, but not me.
    Then I was given Agnus Castus, and never looked back.
    Suffered for over 4 years, then the woman in our health store recommended this.
    As for HRT, was warned about it years ago, would not touch it with a barge pole.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyrose54 View Post
    I tried black cohosh, but it didn't work for me. I know it works for lots of women, but not me.
    Then I was given Agnus Castus, and never looked back.
    Suffered for over 4 years, then the woman in our health store recommended this.
    As for HRT, was warned about it years ago, would not touch it with a barge pole.
    Couldn't agree more about the HRT, IMHO it was responsible for my Mom's breast cancer 10 years ago, fortunately it was caught early and she's doing well now, knock wood, but 15 years of HRT can't possibly have helped.

What is agnus castus? Is it herbal and where can you find it?

Hugs to all the brave hot ladies,

I still have flushes during the day and at night my PBC joins in and capow a waterfall, most morning I have to use a hair dryer and the sheets and blanket are soaked, soggy and cold, It makes me very miserable, I can't use anything I can buy over the counter just in case and even HRT doesn't stop it now. I sleep with my feet stuck out of the sheets and no heat in the bedroom at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Oh dear, and here I was hoping for a quick transition, hope you're over the suffering soon. My Mom never had hot flashes or night sweats, lucky her, but apparently I take after some other relative.

Took the sage tea last night before bed but still woke up ucky, am going to try black cohosh next. Keep my house at 62 degrees, so don't think it's a heating issue, (thankfully it's just me and Winston and since he used to be an outdoor doggy he's not phased a bit).

Need to quit smoking yet again, maybe this will help, fingers, toes and eyeballs crossed. Since I found the e cigs I think it will go better this time.

LOL Pink, thought those cold showers were for you guys.

BIG HUGS to all of us,
    Hope I didn't scare you there... the person still suffering with hot flushes after 18 years is VERY unusual.... good luck with whatever you try, let us know what works if anything does! :-)

Vintage postcards bought and sold
    Established internet postcard trader since 2004
    and we now have an Ebid book store (mainly non fiction)

Our Stores: http://oldpostcards.ebid.net/
    http://books4sale.ebid.net/

All About Me: http://uk.ebid.net/users/OldPostcards

When I was really flashy, I would say that there were hourly episodes day and night. I felt like I was going to start on fire. Am happy to say that I rarely get a flash now.

Sage tea didn't do a thing for me. I tried that too.

Thread Information