Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't Find My Shop in a Search!

Forum Newbie
    All-About KristenAnn
    View KristenAnn's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can't Find My Shop in a Search!

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    KristenAnn - If you go into 'Advanced Search' and put in your store name, it comes up.

Stop worrying - everything is fine

Ok, thanks. Sorry! ;-) What I was wanting to know tho -- is whether I tell people to come here & give them the name of my shop if a search would help them find it. Or if it's that hard to find -- if they have to first click "Stores" and then hopefully they wouldn't get confused if they have to look thru the list & choose a category. Mine's under "general store" because I have several different categories. I was just hoping it would come up by the shop name in a search. Maybe it's just that it took a little while to register . . . ? I'll try to search by name and see if it can be found now.

Thanks so much for all your help! Sorry to have so many questions! ;-)

Lakeleilani, I like your name! I lived in Hawaii for 5 years and it brings back memories. ;-)

Kristen

Forum Newbie
    All-About KristenAnn
    Forum Posts

Darn! This is VERY disappointing! A search for my shop name STILL brings Zero results! Is there a simple way to find someone's shop? Or would you have to every time click "Shop" then choose the right category (hopefully know which category) then go page by page to find it (until probably giving up after the 2nd page I would think)? That doesn't seem very effective. I couldn't even find mine when I clicked "Shop" then general store and THEN searched by title.

Hoping there's a simpler way for people to find shops than I've been able to find. Otherwise it seems that many shops will never be found.

Forum Newbie
    All-About KristenAnn
    Forum Posts

Oh! Interesting! Good to know! I'll fix them tomorrow. Off to bed now.

Many thanks!
    Kristen
    PS. After many unsuccessful tries I've found that apparently (maybe unless someone does an "Advanced" search as mentioned by someone above) the only way to find a shop is to bullet "enter by shop owner's user name" and then entering that name.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Remember, too, that by putting your listings up as RUS (Run Until Sold) your items will literally stay at the bottom of the "pile" and never move up for better viewing by potential buyers.

I use BIN, 10 days, 10 auto-relists...that way if they don't sell I don't have to mess with them for 100 days!

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KristenAnn View Post
    Oh! Interesting! Good to know! I'll fix them tomorrow. Off to bed now.

Many thanks!
    Kristen
    PS. After many unsuccessful tries I've found that apparently (maybe unless someone does an "Advanced" search as mentioned by someone above) the only way to find a shop is to bullet "enter by shop owner's user name" and then entering that name.
    I would think it unlikely that most people would search for your items re the name of your shop - they would most likely enter keywords for the product in a general search.
    The way to get people into your shop via the forums is to put a signature - e.g. like my annoying little rocking lady at the bottom of this

Forum Newbie
    All-About KristenAnn
    Forum Posts

Red face Re: Can't Find My Shop in a Search!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeleilani View Post
    I found your store by searching for KristenAnn in the usernames search. Your shop comes up named KristenAnn New Store 1, so I'm guessing the title you wanted didn't save. The store doesn't seem to be in the list of stores in Collectables yet, but it often takes an hour or so for changes to show up there.
    Ok. Many thanks. I'll try to re-do the shop title in the right saved area after the weekend.

Thank you all very Much! Have a great weekend!

Kristen
    ;-)

Thread Information