eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else received this email?

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Has anyone else received this email?

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I have to say this is scary. Some of my listed items have been around a while and when I begin to think that maybe it should be removed, it gets bought, so I keep things as they are.
    Ditto.

Also agree with Chameleon - the lack of grammar is very indictative of someone who is not proficient in the English language.

As this email been verified as coming from ebid? Have you checked with support?

Could be worth finding out.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    As this email been verified as coming from ebid? Have you checked with support?

Could be worth finding out.
    Just check your default settings.

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  59.4 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
    Hi AlloftheAbove,

A substantial number of your items being listed for sale at Google Shopping are resulting in non-performing click-throughs. Meaning people are paying to view your listings but are not purchasing items.
    This maybe because of a poor associated description, non-appealing images or, that your pricings are out of sync with similar products at Google Shopping.
    Your present My eBid > My Defaults > 'eBid to Upload my BuyNows to Google Shopping?' has been reset to 'NO'. Your items have temporarily been removed from Google Shopping due to non-performance.
    The reasons for the changes are numerous but are based on community feedback and also structural changes at Google Shopping which is no longer a free service.
    We would like to see you succeed and for this reason we would suggest revaluating your products and uploading again. We reserve the right to remove the items indefinitely.
    Recurring paid subscriptions or a Seller+ Lifetime cancellations will be calculated and refunded on a Seller+ 7 day prorated past subscription'. We are able to refund your remaining Seller+ credits if applicable if you wish.
    However, at this stage we would urge you to review and qualify why your listings, after receiving views are still not selling and adjust.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team
    This makes me very nervous. I am trying to get my listings up to 1000, hard work I know but this sort of email takes the wind out of one's sails. As others have said check with support because it sounds like a spoof, someone trying to throw a spanner in the works.

Chin up everyone and plough on!

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net

http://alanspostcards.ebid.net

My default has been reset to "no".
    And not by me.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sounds rather dodgy to me.....I would also contact support for confirmation and then let us all know.

As nobody else is reporting this it could well be a spoof. But having said that they did say somewhere that due to the cost of Google uploads they were looking at ways of maximising the return on the money spent. That is why they were experimenting with not uploading lower priced items. But at this critical time of the year I think it is in everyone's interest to keep exposure to the site at maximum. The best way to get a return on their money is for sales to be made. That is happening more and more and the momentum should be continued.

You can sometimes spot spoofs by viewing the Full Header on an email. I have checked spoofs before and discovered that they originated in places like Russia, China and Brazil.

Looks to be real.
    I sent a message to eBid and waiting response.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

well thats the end of me editing all my listings to get them on google shopping. I am not doing anymore work on this site just to have it all wiped out in a second, I have sat here and edited over 750 listings one at a time and have another load to do yet, its not our fault people don't buy.

I haven't made all my listings eligible for uploading to google, as I dont think that some are worth ebid spending money on and I have hoped that the ones that should be worth anyone seeing when they search would bring them to this site anyway. Having said that, whenever I have searched for any of my items they dont show up very prominently anyway, ebay and amazon always coming first. Last week I resorted to putting in ebid in the search and google told me that the only reason it was showing me that one was because it was paid to, it almost gave me the impression that it would have preferred not to show it.

Thread Information